New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > food grade fermenation bucket?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
amcclai7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default food grade fermenation bucket?

I was adding a few things to an amazon order and I thought I'd get an extra fermentation bucket. Is there anyway to tell if this is food grade and not just a glorified paint bucket? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VFXWL6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER#lega l-disclaimer

Also, I know it doesnt have a hole in the lid but I have drill and grommets are very cheap.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
garnede
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Unless it said it is food grade then it is not. Most Lowes cary food grade buckets, they are not with the grey outdoor buckets. They only have the 5 gallon size in white. Another option is a trip to the grocery store bakery and ask for empty icing buckets. You can get them in 1-2-3-4 and 5 gallon sizes. If you need bigger than that you'll have to order it or go to your local brew store.

Bottled: EdWort's Apfelwein, Mulberry multi-berry wine & seconds
Up next: Persimmon wine,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply