Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Ferment Chamber in Fridge (how to control heat temp)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
ishredthecello
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 11

Default Ferment Chamber in Fridge (how to control heat temp)

So I was thinking of picking up a cheap fridge off craigslist and getting a ferment chamber going.

My question is: I get the Johnson Controller, but doesn't that only control one device?

Say I have a belgian going that needs to be fermented at 75, so the fridge would cool (the johnson controller would turn it on and off to keep it if it needed to be colder) but how does it work to Warm AND Cool at the same time to keep it at the right temperature?

Does that make sense what I'm asking? Thanks for the help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
dickproenneke
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishredthecello View Post
So I was thinking of picking up a cheap fridge off craigslist and getting a ferment chamber going.

My question is: I get the Johnson Controller, but doesn't that only control one device?

Say I have a belgian going that needs to be fermented at 75, so the fridge would cool (the johnson controller would turn it on and off to keep it if it needed to be colder) but how does it work to Warm AND Cool at the same time to keep it at the right temperature?

Does that make sense what I'm asking? Thanks for the help.
I think that I understand your question... You would need 2 separate temp controllers to control heat (brewbelt?) and cooling (fridge). Or you could get one of those STC 1000 devices from ebay that everyone seems to love here on HBT. It controls more than one device. This thread may be helpful if you see yourself going that route.
bottled: Sim'arillo IPA, Stout, BM's Centennial Blonde, Belgian Blonde, Citra'rillo APA, Saison, Mt. Hood Blonde

Old 01-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
ishredthecello
Recipes 

Likes Given: 11

exactly what I was looking for I believe, thank you!

Quick Reply