Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Faucets

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
Intimnasc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Kinda getting off topic in my own thread but I do have a side question that I also just realised. I have been doing the bulk of my pricing at Keg Connection but regretfully they are in Texas and I must pay taxes which prices them rather high. Any suggestions on simular web sites? I like the way they price their keg kits then have upgrades priced to give you the options.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimnasc View Post
Kinda getting off topic in my own thread but I do have a side question that I also just realised. I have been doing the bulk of my pricing at Keg Connection but regretfully they are in Texas and I must pay taxes which prices them rather high. Any suggestions on simular web sites? I like the way they price their keg kits then have upgrades priced to give you the options.
I think you'll be hard pressed to find another vendor with as much kegging supplies, and options, as Keg Connection... Call them up to see if they can toss you a bone, since you're in Texas and such. If they're close enough to drive to, you could save on shipping.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #13
Intimnasc
Recipes 

Funny story...............Right before I read your post I thought the same thing so I called them. Low and behold they are actually located in Comanche Texas about 30 minutes or so from where my son goes to college. I called the lady and enjoyed the conversation so much I don't care what it costs thats where I am buying my supplies. Its 15 minutes from Dublin Texas where Dr. Pepper was invented and now Dr. Pepper/Snapple corporate has forbidden the little plant in Dublin from making it any more.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #14
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Funny story...............Right before I read your post I thought the same thing so I called them. Low and behold they are actually located in Comanche Texas about 30 minutes or so from where my son goes to college. I called the lady and enjoyed the conversation so much I don't care what it costs thats where I am buying my supplies. Its 15 minutes from Dublin Texas where Dr. Pepper was invented and now Dr. Pepper/Snapple corporate has forbidden the little plant in Dublin from making it any more.
How far is that from where you live?? You could plan major purchases around when you go to visit your son, if it's too far to drive normally. Or have him pick things up when he's going home on break. Just tell him that if he doesn't pick up your order, no beer for him.

Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
Intimnasc
Recipes 

About an hour and a half from me. Sons college is in Stephenville which is 45 minutes to an hour from me. I'll make a trip down in a few weeks anyways to enforce my parent loan rights and inspect his apartment......wink

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
About an hour and a half from me. Sons college is in Stephenville which is 45 minutes to an hour from me. I'll make a trip down in a few weeks anyways to enforce my parent loan rights and inspect his apartment......wink
Surprise inspection... I like it... You could also make a side trip to KC's location.

Fermenting
K1:

Old 01-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #17
StainlessBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Quote:
Any suggestions on simular web sites?
I can help out a little bit. I just brought it some Perlick sanke taps that I haven't listed yet and have a pretty good deal on SS stout facucets too.
http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/Kegging_c_17.html

Old 01-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #18
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Liked 143 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Talk to Todd and he will probably work with you to make up any difference on taxes if you find stuff cheaper somewhere else. I just ordered 4 faucets yesterday. Found a good deal somewhere else, but called Todd and he explained the differences in the other equipment and theirs, gave me a discount on the stuff that was the same and a fair price on his stuff that was higher quality. I ended up paying a little more than I could have got it elsewhere, but got a lot better customer service to make up the difference, and also got some knowledge on the differences in the gear.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #19
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

IME, Keg Connection is one of those companies that really does all they can to get/keep customers happy. There are precious few companies out there that still do that these days. It's one of the reasons why I continue to order things from them.

There's about handful of companies that rank high enough in my book for me to continue to do business with. They are the ones that have very few (if any) dings against them on these boards. I could list them, but I don't want to piss off the others... BTW, Stainless Brewing is on the 'good' list.

Fermenting
K1:

Old 01-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #20
FATC1TY
Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Off topic... WAY off topic, but Dr. P wasn't invented in Dublin. It was Waco. Dublin was just a bottling facility. They were the oldest up until their closing last year, and were only popular in the area for having stuck with the old original formula that is rarely produced.

I'm from the CenTex area, grew up there, and remember all of that vividly.

Anyways- Keg connections has good deal, so does Birdman from what I've seen. Also a forum sponser.

----------
Bubba's Backyard Brewery

Quick Reply