False Bottom Size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjaeger

Reaction score
I have a True Brew Beer Equipment Kit and i need to get a false bottom to use for it. I have looked everywhere on the forum and can't figure out what size I should get.
I measured it and i think it could go to either 9 or 10, but I do not want to get the wrong thing!

Thank You!

Why are you wanting a false bottom? I think you'd be better off with something like a hop stopper if you're concerned about trub and hops getting into your fermentors.

Right, but all grain requires a false bottom in your mash tun, not the kettle. The pot you have now is too small for a mash tun unless your doing low gravity/small batches. It also doesn't look like it would have the best insulation to keep heat in.

I was going to use the 6 1/2 gallon bucket that came with the kit for a mash tun. Homemade insulation taken care of.
Is this just something that no one has done before? I feel like it is logical instead of buying another vessel.

I was going to use the 6 1/2 gallon bucket that came with the kit for a mash tun. Homemade insulation taken care of.
Is this just something that no one has done before? ...

It's all been done before.:D

You can use a false bottom in your kettle/mash tun with RIMS and direct heat.

You can mash in a kettle and transfer to a bottling bucket with a nylon bag in it to Lauter.

...Or you can BIBA,etc.:mug:

Back