Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > False bottom question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
zombeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default False bottom question

I just started using a false bottom purchased from moreBeer. It's dome shaped so the outer circumference sits flat on the bottom of my roundstyle cooler. Aside from taking much longer to clear my runnings then with my original SS hose braid, I noticed that through-out my entire fly-sparge I was still getting some grain bits flowing through. I would say a couple "bits" every few seconds. Is that normal for these false bottoms?

Thanks guys,

Scott.

(it was also my first time fly sparging)

John Hancock

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
The Pol
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombeer View Post
I just started using a false bottom purchased from moreBeer. It's dome shaped so the outer circumference sits flat on the bottom of my roundstyle cooler. Aside from taking much longer to clear my runnings then with my original SS hose braid, I noticed that through-out my entire fly-sparge I was still getting some grain bits flowing through. I would say a couple "bits" every few seconds. Is that normal for these false bottoms?

Thanks guys,

Scott.

(it was also my first time fly sparging)
Not really common... unless your sparge water is upsetting the grain bed or channeling to a degree.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply