Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Equipment Vendor Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
l3asturd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Equipment Vendor Reviews

Vendor reviews (alphabetically):

BargainFittings.com - Stainless fittings, camlocks, tubing, weldless, etc. (1 review)
BrewHardware.com - Sight Glasses, refractometers, fittings, test equipment, etc. (1 review)
MoreBeer - Huge selection of ingredients, yeast, brewing equipment, and hardware. (1 review)
Norcal Brewing Solutions - False bottoms, hop stoppers, brew supplies (1 review)
Northern Brewer - Ingredients, brewing kits, kegging and brewing equipment (1 review)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
l3asturd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Recently I worked with TxBrew and he put my smilies in to the system. You can now leave star reviews by simply typing or clicking the smilies for "onestar", "halfstar", or "empty star".

My goal for the smilies was to be able to start leaving comprehensive vendor reviews while also leaving a simple star rating. This is different than the already implemented review system in that you can review vendors.

If you have an experience you'd like to share, whether really bad or really good, please post your thoughts and feel free to post star ratings. I will update the first post with new vendors and collective star ratings as I get time. Please keep in mind because of the limitations of HBT forums (25 images per post), you should only leave ONE vendor review per post. Thank you.

You will the new star smilies in the smilie menu, or you can ust type the code for the smilies anytime:

Code:
:onestar: for a full star
:hs: for a half star
:es: for an empty star

Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
l3asturd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I'll start with my first Vendor review:

BargainFittings.com was the first place I ever ordered anything for my brew system. Since then I've ordered dozens of valves, camlocks, pickup tubes, hoses, compression fittings, and much more. Wayne was the most helpful guy I had communicated with in years. He had no problem making order corrections or additions after I had placed my order. I can't comment on returns because I've never ordered anything from his that needed to be returned. My overall experience with BargainFittings has been excellent!

Overall Experience :
Product Quality : (Haven't had a defective item. Good selection.)
Price : (Fair priced.)
Shipping : (Fast flat rate shipping!)
Customer Service : (Very sincere and customer oriented.)

Old 05-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
l3asturd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Norcal Brewing Solutions - My first false bottom I ordered was some cheap thing on Amazon. When I decided I needed a beefier better false bottom I knew there was only one place to go. I went to Jaybirds site and started browsing false bottoms. My only complaint was that, as a new brewer, I had no idea which of the dozens of different styles to get. There are so many options, and after a little research I went with the 15" folding with a handle. Easily one of the best investments I've made in my system to date. Quality construction and plenty of customizable options. The fact that he does a quick custom swirl on each one made it feel a little more special too.
Overall Experience :
Product Quality : (Sturdy construction)
Price : (Fair priced.)
Shipping : (Shipping was fast and $10 for the FB)
Customer Service : (would like to see a little more help for new brewers)

Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
l3asturd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

BrewHardware.com - Everyone who reads anything about sight glasses knows who has the best. I originally bought mine elsewhere and after seeing one of Bobby's in action I got online and ordered 3. There is also a selection of test equipment, fittings, and much more. I ordered the new CLEAR silicone hose from him and couldn't be more satisfied.
Overall Experience :
Product Quality : (No defective items)
Price : (Fair)
Shipping : (Shipping calculator, no flat rate)
Customer Service : (His passion for brewing is evident in his videos and research)

Old 05-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
l3asturd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

MoreBeer - This place is hit and miss. They have a great selection of kits, equipment, and accessories. I've ordered several ingredient kits and had random results. Same with yeast. Still one of my best options for ingredients though, especially being only a couple hours away from me.
Overall Experience :
Product Quality : (Ordered 2 identical kits, received different ingredients, yeast has been close to expiration)
Price : (A little higher than most, but shipping can compensate)
Shipping : (Option for Free Shipping but poorly packaged)
Customer Service : (Have only called once and felt like I was rushed off the phone while trying to place a custom order)

Old 05-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
l3asturd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

OK, this isn't just for me to leave reviews, if you got a minute, leave a review for the benefit of others.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:27 AM   #8
Jdm5209
Recipes 

Ok. I'll bite.

Northern Brewer
Overall, a great vendor. I've had a few issues with orders from them (crush not great, forgot to include a stopper I ordered, siphon sprayer broken on arrival, not able to do custom lengths on their beer line with faucet and gas line assemblies), but they are also very responsive to fixing any issues they can (replacing products, etc). Reasonable prices and flat rate shipping. Their kits are some of the best (extract and all grain). They also sponsor Brewing TV, which is AWESOME!

Overall experience:
Product Quality:
Price:
Shipping:
Customer Service:

Last edited by Jdm5209; 05-23-2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Forgot shout out to brewing tv

Old 05-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
BeerguyNC61
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 9

All for brew..................Brew for all!

Old 01-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #10
BelgianTex
Recipes 

I seriously expanded my brewing equipment with several vendors lately:

Brewhardware:
Bobby is extremely courteous, great customer service, solid communications. Fast shipping, well packaged and good tracking with the provided tracking numbers

Brewershardware:
Ditto. Stuff came in quick and well packaged.

NorCal Brewing Solutions:
Needed their RIMS tube (since I like the tri-clover) but wanted to make a change to the in and outlets. It comes with a barb but I wanted 1/2" NPT so I could put on a camlock QD. They communicated quickly and clearly. Was no issue to replace it at all. Shipping seems to be a little slower, hence the 3.5 stars.

Adventures in Homebrewing:
Love these guys for most of my brewing ingredients. Whenever I order something and it happens to go out of stock or they don't have sufficient quantities, they quickly respond and provide me with options. For instance, I ordered 1/2 dozen vials of my house yeast and they only had four. They gave me the option to send four or wait until the next WLP delivery and send six. They even gave me the expected WLP delivery date. Shipping is always fast and well packaged.

Hope this helps some others out there.

Quick Reply