*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Electric Controller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
tdiowa
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Electric Controller

I currently would like to update to electric. From reading the different boards I understand that the following equipment is needed.

4500 W, 240V of an "extra" low watt density design

I think I can get it mounted in a aluminum / Stainless pot but my question is what about some sort of controller. I am not interested in a On/Off system. What I am thinking is some sort of controller that once I reach the boil I can turn it down so it will heat up as needed. Kind of like a dimmer switch.

Any Ideas??

TD

I currently boil my wort with a Electric Bin that I bought years ago and I absolutely love it. I would hate to think of brewing without it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2006, 02:37 AM   #2
Kevlar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Well let me say that this is very vague... I'm not really sure what you mean by updating to all electric??

Quote:
4500 W, 240V of an "extra" low watt density design
Is this referring to a heating element?? If so a PID controller would work in this situation. I personally use a Red Lion controler to control my fermentation temps. It should work an electric element as well.

Some men learn by reading, and some men learn by watching. But some men just gotta pee on the electric fence themselves.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply