Electric Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slnies said:
I take it that the power company out your way has not changed the system out? A while back our power company started changing out the old delta systems for wye because of insurance claims. Home owners "farmers" are allowed to work on their own systems and they would burn up equipment hooking up 110/120 circuits to the high leg. The Power Company will not install a delta system any more unless it is requested and then only for industry. Some of the outlying Co-Ops however do not have the same policies. Interesting eh. S

I work in industry so I don't get out to see a lot of the rural installs. In the instances that I have seen it around here they were not center tapped so it was strictly a 240V service so there wasn't a high leg but I could see that being a problem. Some of those farmer electricians do some amazing things....lol

wihophead said:
I work in industry so I don't get out to see a lot of the rural installs. In the instances that I have seen it around here they were not center tapped so it was strictly a 240V service so there wasn't a high leg but I could see that being a problem. Some of those farmer electricians do some amazing things....lol

Amen Brother!

Back