HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Easy inline water filter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
evilhomer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Easy inline water filter?

Right now I get filtered water from my fridge which takes forever. Would like to do a inline for just the cold side of my kitchen sink. Something hopefully easy that I can just thread in without doing any major plumbing.

I'm comfortable doing major plumbing but I may only live in this house for a few more months so I want something that will slip in and out. Anyone have experience with such a item?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
Nateo
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I have a Brita and Pur filter I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond for like $16. Screws onto the faucet. The Brita works a lot better than the Pur.

To paraphrase Dr. England - "Off-flavors smooth with time. So do mountains. Brew it right from the start!"

My blogsite: http://nateobrew.blogspot.com/

Old 11-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
DeBrewer
Recipes 

Go to Wal Mart or any hardware place and look in the RV section. Uses hose fitting. Built the J out of PVC pipe. You should be able to hook it up to your sink or faucet outside. Works beautifully for me..

AND THIS IS MY 100th post WOOT!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
evilhomer
Recipes 

Did some digging around and I think something like the pic below is what I'm going for. Appears to just thread into existing lines, will be hidden and I'll have filtered cold water for cooking too.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
Pie_Man

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm thinking about installing a cold water filter to my kitchen sink as well. If anyone has used this setup before, please let me know your results.

I'm curious what micron filter level will work? I believe 2 micron filter or lower should do the trick. Also, does using one of these reduce the water flow from the sink?

I've seen other posts that use a similar setup like this, http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/water-filter-setup-29145/, but I'd like to have the filtered water available all the time from my kitchen. Thanks in advance for your help.

Quick Reply