Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Easy Aeration Kit Mod

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
iamjonsharp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Easy Aeration Kit Mod

Not my original idea, but this is a simple mod to add a racking cane to your aeration kit.
I have AHS's aeration kit, and the tubing always stays curled up and I can never seem to get the aeration stone more than a few inches into the wort.

By adding a racking cane, you can easily get the aeration stone to go all the way to the bottom of the carboy (you can see the aeration stone below, hiding behind the camera flash glare):

All I did was cut the aeration tubing about an inch above the end barbs of the aeration stone and stole a few inches of 5/16" ID tubing from my bottling wand. I used half of the 5/16" ID tubing to connect end tubing on the stone to one end of the racking cane

and the other half of the extra tubing to connect the other end of the racking cane to the tubing running to the aquarium pump.

Done and done. Cheap and easy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
Holmesbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Great suggestion! I have the same issue with my "Minnow Saver" aeriator.

It will be fine!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply