Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > EAC strikes on Ebay

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 914 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default EAC strikes on Ebay

Man, you always feel great when you score some brewaphernalia on the cheap. I picked up a 20lb CO tank for $52 shipped. BUT, the loser keeps giving me one excuse after another why he hasn't shipped more than two weeks after payment was made. Then he acts like he's doing me a favor and tells me he'll return whatever feedback I leave. I paid via Visa and don't mind disputing the charges but I've given him today, last chance to send and give me a tracking number for the simple reason that you can't get a 20lb for under $80 anywhere.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
abracadabra
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

There's a bunch of jerks on Ebay that use retailitory negative feedback or the threat of it to keep from getting the feedback they deserve. I say post the truth to help others let people know he uses retalitory feedback and live with the results. You can always respond to his negative feedback with a response. Nobody is going to hold a negative feedback like that against you IMHO.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
Torchiest

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Yeah, I've seen that before. Pretty damn obnoxious, but I can understand your wanting to put up with it for such a deal. Good luck, whatever happens.

#48 Black Helicopter Porter #49 Pikemen Porter
Up Next:
#50 Imperious IPA
#51 Razz Buried

Old 02-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
todd_k

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Let us know how it works out and post his Ebay user name so others can avoid that seller's auctions.

Primary:
Secondary:
Conditioning:
Kegged: Smoked Porter

Old 02-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
neckbone
Recipes 

I agree. The seller needs to leave feedback as soon as money is received, and the buyer should leave feedback as soon as item is received or there should be a time limit on a buyer having to wait to receive an item, like 2-3 weeks or something.

Primary: Nada
Secondary: Squat
Bottled: Nut Brown

Old 02-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Apply for a refund from PayPal. That'll put a candle under his bum.

EDIT: You didn't use PayPal. Just saw that. Bad idea. Now it'll take at least 90 days to get your refund.

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

I hate ebay, I'll never use it for selling again. I've had 4 auctions ended early because some guy in Nigeria thought he could scam me out of 2 laptops. Sick of it, what a PITA to get all the listing money back and report scammers, deal with paypal because you got paid with stolen money, blah blah... screw ebay.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #8
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Nigerian ISPs should be banned.

They've proven unable to contain the crime. It's a total joke to them and they don't seem to care. Since they can't play nice with the internet, take it away from all of them.

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #9
Fish
Recipes 

Yeah you know with all of the spam filters on my e-mail accounts why do I still get mail from Nigeria? I mean a guy can only have so many distant relatives with 50 million who died working the diamond mines or whatever.

Primary : Fruit Cider
Secondary :empty

Bottled: Wheat
On Deck: Mead

Old 02-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #10
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 914 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Actually regarding refunds. I paid directly with my Visa card and my bank will refund a bad transaction within two days of filing a report. I didn't have to do it since a threat to do so got the tank shipped with a tracking number. I just told the guy that if I don't see a departure scan on a tracking number destined for my town by tonight, the Visa paperwork was going to be filed the next day. I received the tank.

He was still careful to say he would return whatever feedback I left. Hmmm, let's see. I paid within a day of auction close and he shipped 16 days after that. Real equal. Of course, most people don't read the details of feedback, they judge by positive percentage. I don't know if I'm willing to scar my 100%. Thoughts?

The ID in question is quickecash1 (suits him as quickship would be false)

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Quick Reply