New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Dull ugly kettle




Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
Monster Mash
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Castaic, CA
Posts: 1,317
Liked 82 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

My pots came out of a scrap yard and had paint on them, once the paint was off they looked very dull like yours. I used Bar Keepers friend and a green 3M scrubby pad and made sure I scrubbed in one direction with a thick paste of BKF.

They turned out nice and shiny with minimal work.



__________________
My 1BBL Brewery Pics
Monster Mash is offline
MDhokiehb Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #12
Chupidacabra
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
 
Chupidacabra's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 251
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastoak
looks like your standard pro kitchen stock pot, very nice find. does it have a ball valve? pretty cheap add on if it doesn't and you'll wonder how you ever did without it.
No ball valve, been thinking about it though. Any good sites for quality parts?


__________________
Chupidacabra is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
Chupidacabra
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
 
Chupidacabra's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 251
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Mash
My pots came out of a scrap yard and had paint on them, once the paint was off they looked very dull like yours. I used Bar Keepers friend and a green 3M scrubby pad and made sure I scrubbed in one direction with a thick paste of BKF.

They turned out nice and shiny with minimal work.
Yours look awesome, good inspiration to make this thing look good.
__________________
Chupidacabra is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 01:13 AM   #14
eastoak
Senior Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: oakland, california
Posts: 3,138
Liked 143 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupidacabra View Post
No ball valve, been thinking about it though. Any good sites for quality parts?
brew hardware and bargain fittings are both members here and sell top notch stuff at good prices, i've bought plenty from both places. they will help you with anything you want to know about the fittings and how to install them.
__________________
eastoak is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #15
Chupidacabra
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
 
Chupidacabra's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 251
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastoak
looks like your standard pro kitchen stock pot, very nice find. does it have a ball valve? pretty cheap add on if it doesn't and you'll wonder how you ever did without it.
Damnit eastoak now iv gone and spent another hundred dollars on a sight glass setup and a ball valve from that site.

Really, though, thanks for the tip. Will make my brew day that much easier and more accurate.


__________________
Chupidacabra is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dull smell in the primary fermenter. Watson79 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 5 04-17-2013 03:34 AM
Troubleshooting dull flavors? mmonacel All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 15 09-22-2011 02:24 AM
A lot of craft beers seem dull now beerandloathinginaustin General Beer Discussion 30 08-04-2011 08:29 AM
All-Grain - Ugly Kettle Pale Ale (Top APA in Local Comp) BierMuncher American Ale 4 06-12-2008 07:08 PM