Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Draft Setup

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
Timaithis
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Draft Setup

I am thinking about getting a draft beer setup. I am just wondering exactly what I would need and how much they cost and where I should get them.

I need a CO2 container. I was thinking 20lb or is that overkill? And if I want to switch to N2 can I use the same tank?

A regulator and lines. Taps and kegs.

Is this everything that I would need? And am I really far off thinking I can get all this for $350 or less.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaithis View Post
I am thinking about getting a draft beer setup. I am just wondering exactly what I would need and how much they cost and where I should get them.

I need a CO2 container. I was thinking 20lb or is that overkill? And if I want to switch to N2 can I use the same tank?

A regulator and lines. Taps and kegs.

Is this everything that I would need? And am I really far off thinking I can get all this for $350 or less.
Welcome to the wonderful world of kegging

I would look at the online sites to get an idea of prices kegconnection and kegcowboy are two main ones. As for a 20lb CO2 tank, a lot of people have them, they are larger ( about the size of a keg). So if space is an issue may/may not be good.

How many kegs/taps you want? That will be a big determinant of what you can get for that price range. You can get more taps and lines if you start with picnic taps. Or you can have less serving capacity and get nice perlick setups

Old 11-23-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
Timaithis
Recipes 

Thank you, I will look at those sites you suggested. It might be a while till I get them since I am moving to a new city and new job. But I am hoping I can get a kegging system in February.

Quick Reply