*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > DIY Stir Bar...It's almost possible

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 03:25 AM   #11
turboninja64
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default DIY stir bar

I was laid off a while back, A.K.A (no money and lots of time) So I did the whole DIY stir plate and thought I can make a bar too. I tried a few things but what ended up working was a nail with the head cut off and jammed into the inner part of a ball point pen ( the part thats clear with the ink in it). Then melted the ends shut and presto! This thing will get a good vortex going in up to 2l starter. And thats even with a concave bottom on the glass. I've done several starters with it and I have no complaints

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2011, 03:45 AM   #12
acefaser
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewThruYou View Post
Stir Bars are like $5 and should last forever. I'd reckon this is a good time to not DIY.
+2
Dude its $4 on Eblay. Did you make your potentiometer, wires and switch? Did you fire up the furnace and blow your own glass beaker flask? No, you buy the parts you need and build the rest.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #13
Catt22
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by acefaser View Post
+2
Dude its $4 on Eblay. Did you make your potentiometer, wires and switch? Did you fire up the furnace and blow your own glass beaker flask? No, you buy the parts you need and build the rest.
Dude, you are being far too rational.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #14
turboninja64
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acefaser View Post
+2
If I could make those other parts then I would have. But since I had them lying around I didn't have to. And because I didn't have a stir bar sitting in front of me I took your advice and "built the rest". If you dont wont to make your own I'm cool with that.

Quick Reply