New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Disassembling Cornies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
mdf191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Disassembling Cornies

I am looking at my corny, about to take it apart for the first time. I have used it for several batches already. But in the past I simply filled with BLC shook it around and then ran the BLC through the system, Keg-lines-tap. Then I normally do the same thing with diluted StarSan, then fill with new beer.

The reason I am going to take it apart it because it seems to be suggested for getting it nice and clean by most of you. But I was just thinking to myself...what am i actually cleaning that my previous system doesn't already do? If I am simply removing valves and dip tubes...wouldn't my way of cleaning get everything that ever gets exposed to the beer? Or am I wrong?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
malkore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 9

You'll be able to clean the insides of both dip tubes if you have a little brush. you'll be able to get any sticky syrup off the threads for the posts, and you'll be able to clean and lube the poppets and safety valve.

clean, lubed poppets and valves are less likely to leak than if they are dry or dirty.

I clean my kegs every so many re-fills. otherwise, I just clean with oxyclean, then sanitize until I have beer to fill it with.

Bottled: MOAM, Braggot, Raspberry Melomel, Merlot, Apfelwein, Pyment, Sweet mead, Cabernet
Gal in 2009: 27, Gal in 2010: 34, Gal in 2011: 13, Gal in 2012: 10

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply