Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Direct LOVE TS2-010 install??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
AmandaK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 138 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default Direct LOVE TS2-010 install??

Hey guys, done a bit of research on the board first, but I'm a bit confused still.

I'm seeing that most people run a Love Controller from an extension cord to the controller to the freezer/fridge....

Can't I just mount the controller in my freezer collar and run the controller directly to the freezer? As in, just wire it to the switch area (sorry, it's been a long day and I can't think of the technical term) of the freezer?

Or am I thinking wrong?

Souring: #32 Lambic 2.0, #49 Lambic 3.0, #60 3763 Flanders Brown, #61 WLP665 Flanders Brown
Conditioning: #38 Golden Sour, #58 Hooch Cider, #79 Dopplebock, #84 Amy Cider
Drinkin': #16 Lambic 1.0 (Drunk Monk BOS), #84 Fall Cider

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 03:06 AM   #2
Catt22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braufguss View Post
Hey guys, done a bit of research on the board first, but I'm a bit confused still.

I'm seeing that most people run a Love Controller from an extension cord to the controller to the freezer/fridge....

Can't I just mount the controller in my freezer collar and run the controller directly to the freezer? As in, just wire it to the switch area (sorry, it's been a long day and I can't think of the technical term) of the freezer?

Or am I thinking wrong?
Yes, you can do that, but there typically is no switch area inside the freezer. What this means is that you will have to run power cords through the collar and connect it to the freezer power cord. You need power going through the collar to the controller and back out from the controller relay to the compressor power cord. You will also want to use some type of cover box over the back side of the controller to protect it from the moisture inside the freezer. The use of a GFCI might be a good idea with this application.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply