Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Dip tube on Blichmann Boilermaker not working correctly?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
tlazaroff
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Dip tube on Blichmann Boilermaker not working correctly?

Hi all,
I recently purchased a Blichmann Boilermaker to replace my old kettle. I installed the brewmometer, filled it with water to check for leaks, and drained it. Once the water level fell below the valve, it didn't seem like the dip tube was picking up any more liquid.. at least not very much (if any at all). Its like it didn't create a syphon while draining. I pulled out the tube and reinserted it to no avail. Is there anything I am missing, or is it just slow going when the liquid level reaches this point?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
ChuckO
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 79 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Did you have a hose on the discharge side of the valve? You need to have the exit hose lower than the bottom of you pot in order to maintain a siphon action.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
tlazaroff
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckO View Post
Did you have a hose on the discharge side of the valve? You need to have the exit hose lower than the bottom of you pot in order to maintain a siphon action.
That would explain it then, I didn't have a hose attached because I was just cleaning it with PBW and testing for leaks. Thanks for the reply, I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Quick Reply