New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > digital thermomoter options or mods?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Yesfan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Default digital thermomoter options or mods?

I have and use this digital thermometer/timer for my brews.

I've grown to love this thing when I brew. My only complaint is the short probe. When I use the clip, the probe sits right above the wort. Mashing is better since the grains raise the water level up more.

Has anyone used a longer probe and/or modify the probes on these types of thermo/timers to use in bigger kettles? I've thought about seeing if I can bend the probe to where it is straight to make it longer. Of course, I'll get an extra probe or two and not risk damaging the probe I already have if I do this. I also emailed Polder about seeing if they can offer a longer probe or make one available for us brewers. I think that would make this temp/timer a more valuable tool to our hobby.

Kegged: Petite Saison d'Ete, Black IPA (1G), Kiwi Express IPA,. Dead Ringer IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply