Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Digital Thermometer Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
bierslayer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Digital Thermometer Repair

I've got a Cole-Parmer digital thermometer that I stupidly managed to flame broil at the probe/cord junction. Now it's severed and I see that it has two very thin wires inside the cord that go into the SS probe. The wires severed right at the junction as I said so there's no way reconnect. This is the model:

Cole-Parmer Mini. Digital Thermometers With Remote Probe And Waterproof Remote Probe Thermometer - Cole-Parmer Catalog

At the severed end, if I touch the two wires together it reads the maximum high temp and when the wires are left apart it reads "-----C" (or maybe it was the other way around....I can't remember at the moment). If I pinch the wires between my fingers without them touching it acts like it's trying to get a reading at close to room temperature but it fluctuates wildly.

Now the question: does anyone know if this thing can be repaired/salvaged and if so how it might be done?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply