Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Denver/Aurora: Keg to Keggle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
coypoo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Denver/Aurora: Keg to Keggle

I bought a kegerator off CL last night (super score!) and it came with a full size keg shell which I dont need. My neighbor is trying to get into making his own (we normally make 10 gallons together and then split it) and all he needs is a kettle to get going. I was planning on giving him the keg to make into a keggle and I am wondering if anyone knows anybody or any place that will cut the hole in the top and drill a hole for a spigot? Thanks!

Rowdy Reptile Brewing
http://rowdyreptilebrewing.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
TopherM
Vinz Clortho - the Keymaster of Gozer the Gozerian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 409 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Look up your local fabricator/welder to cut the top. That's what I did. I went by and offered the first dude I saw a 12 pack of beer to cut a 12" hole, and with a plasma cutter he had it done in about 15 minutes.

As for the spigot, it is REALLY easy to do with a step-bit and a drill. I did my keggle in about 20 minutes without any experience, then did a second kettle in about 5 minutes with the lessons I learned from my first one...

Do a forum search for installing a weldless fitting or making a keggle and you'll find hundreds of examples and tips.

Primary #1 - Oktoberfest
Primary #2 - Chamomile Honey Wheat
Primary #3 - EMPTY!
Secondary #1 - Downtown Flanders Brown (brewed August 2012)
Keg #1 - Coffee Vanilla Stout
Keg #2 - Fall of the Ukraine Baltic Porter (lagering in keg)
Keg #3 - EMPTY!
Bottled - NONE!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply