Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Custom Kegerator help!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
Cranford803
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Custom Kegerator help!

I am new to this site. Never home brewed, or built a kegerator. I am currently looking into making a kegerator out of a front door opening mini fridge. I have done some research and know the basic elements of a kegerator, and what i need to purchase and how to install everything, but i an currently wondering: Which pieces contribute the most to a good pour? Im trying to keep this first venture relatively cheap. I have a feeling its going to be a learning experience. Which pieces / kits are the most highly recommended? Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
BlindLemonLars
Conqueroo Brew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 31

One place not to skimp is the faucets. For typical home use (where you're pouring just a few pints a day) you really want forward-sealing faucets that will not stick. Standard faucets work fine in bars, where they are used all day and cleaned nightly, but they will stick something awful if allowed to sit unused for a day or two.

Also, make sure you buy 3/16" beverage lines, not 1/4". 8' ought to allow you a nice pour without excessive foaming. Just coil the excess and let it sit on top of your kegs.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:18 AM   #3
Cranford803
Recipes 

Thats some good info. thanks. What about co2 gauges, and tanks?

if you guys had to pick, where would be a place you could afford to buy the cheaper alternative without sacrificing too much when it comes to good pouring for moderate home use? Thanks in advance...

Quick Reply