Originally Posted by Ishraider
Thanks everybody glad to know all the information i collected on this site worked out. It was a stainless steel braid i made sure of that cause i saw somewhere in one of the post to double check that at purchase. Yeah i think i do need to do some work on the drain. I didnt want to get rid of my ball valve set up cause those things are expensive. That is 3/8 or actually i might have used 5/16th cause it was what i had lying around. Any suggestions at minimal cost to fix that? Also i have not used the manifold for a mash yet.
Hmmm. Well, if this were mine...I'd take that T where you're draining from and remove that one pipe, and then move the T upwards and attach a 90° street elbow to connect a piece of 1/2" ID silicon tube...
Pictures are easier. Here. Here's the one I made for my little 5 gallon cooler. You can't see it, but there's a 1" piece of CPVC pipe that connects the street elbow to the T below it. All three of those pieces should be glued together, or else the street elbow has a nasty habit of popping off while you're stirring. All other pieces can be left unglued to facilitate cleaning. There's no real need for clamps on either end of the tube, since I made the tube a wee bit longer than it needed to be, so it helps to keep the tube in place.