The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Control Products Dual Relay $60 Shipped on Amazon

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #61
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 453 Times on 270 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeckett View Post
Take a look at the STC-1000 build threads. They are actually very easy to assemble and operate. I built one into a 2 outlet old work blue plastic box and it works great for running the fridge and heat wraps. They are actually very easy to build and get working properly. I can keep my lager temps at around 45 degrees in the Fla summer heat pretty easilly. I am using a dorm frige made into a blue board chamber and the larger volume makes it a little slower cooling, but once it gets there it maintains it extremely well. My total investment was less than 20 bucks for everything including the STC-1000, circuit box, outlet and cover. I already had a cord and wiring here, so I didnt have to buy any more stuff to get it to work great. Hope this helps to get you back on the path and going again.
Wheelchair Bob
I've built both, and the STC-1000 is okay, and it can fit in a tighter enclosure, but this one is in °F, and has a few other features that the STC-1000 does not have.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #62
doc_rob
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

edit: nevermind!

Old 01-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #63
PacificNWBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I love this thread! I want to build a keezer/fermentation chamber (basically this http://www.wortomatic.com/articles/T...ation-Chillers) and need a controller to run the keezer at serving temp and one to control the fermentation chamber. I was thinking of using the TC-9102D-HV Dual Stage to run the chamber and a STC-1000 to run the keezer. However, if you're Amazon Prime, the TC-9102D is $59 rather than $120. At that price, I could get 2 and run all of it with both. http://www.amazon.com/Control-Produc.../dp/B0057APR3I

Any other suggestions or advice?
Thank you!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #64
BungBrewing
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificNWBrewer View Post
I love this thread! I want to build a keezer/fermentation chamber (basically this http://www.wortomatic.com/articles/T...ation-Chillers) and need a controller to run the keezer at serving temp and one to control the fermentation chamber. I was thinking of using the TC-9102D-HV Dual Stage to run the chamber and a STC-1000 to run the keezer. However, if you're Amazon Prime, the TC-9102D is $59 rather than $120. At that price, I could get 2 and run all of it with both. http://www.amazon.com/Control-Produc.../dp/B0057APR3I

Any other suggestions or advice?
Thank you!
You're not going to be able to control two temperature zones with this controller. You can use it to control two-stage heating (to control minimum temperature), two-stage cooling (to control maximum temperature), or control both heating and cooling (to control maximum and minimum temperatures). It only has one sensor for a single zone. Dual zone controllers are available (I believe Love make them), but they can be expensive...

Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #65
PacificNWBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Thank you for the feedback but I know one controller will not do what I need. I stated I wanted to use one type for the top chamber and another for the bottom. Should have been more clear about that, sorry.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #66
theSlex
Recipes 

Finally took the time to register here after getting my fermentation chamber up and running.

I owe a HUGE thanks to the posters in this thread, in particular LandoLincoln.

I came into this project with absolutely no electricial knowledge, very little patience and large, clumsy hands. The images and descriptions in this thread saved me a good $50 and have me a solid DIY buzz.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #67
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSlex View Post
Finally took the time to register here after getting my fermentation chamber up and running.

I owe a HUGE thanks to the posters in this thread, in particular LandoLincoln.

I came into this project with absolutely no electricial knowledge, very little patience and large, clumsy hands. The images and descriptions in this thread saved me a good $50 and have me a solid DIY buzz.
Glad we could help! Lord help you if you've got the brewing DIY bug now. Stay away from the keezer threads! They'll suck you right in!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #68
dasdrewids
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

A second Cheers to LandoLincoln! Just got mine wired and tested. Thanks for the diagram and the tip on the junction box (I was just going to make a squid originally). Will be setting it up on the lager fridge soon (waiting on my BeerBug to arrive to brew the first batch to go in).

Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #69
IMNOTL8
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I just got around to wiring the TC-9102 this past weekend for my kegerator/lagering refrigerator. Everything seems to be working right but was curious how you guys have your temperature probe mounted/placed? I just have the PTC sensor that came with the unit. I know this is not supposed to be submerged in fluid, but has anyone built something that just the tip sits in some sort of fluid for a more accurate temp? Any pictures of your placement would be awesome!

Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #70
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMNOTL8 View Post
I just got around to wiring the TC-9102 this past weekend for my kegerator/lagering refrigerator. Everything seems to be working right but was curious how you guys have your temperature probe mounted/placed? I just have the PTC sensor that came with the unit. I know this is not supposed to be submerged in fluid, but has anyone built something that just the tip sits in some sort of fluid for a more accurate temp? Any pictures of your placement would be awesome!
I usually use Brewhaulers on my carboys, and I take the probe and place it between one of the Brewhauler straps and the glass of the carboy. Is that the BEST way to do it? I don't know. But it seems to work well.

Quick Reply