Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Connecting Sankey Tap to Picnic Faucet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
NK3740
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Connecting Sankey Tap to Picnic Faucet

Hey guys, I was just wondering now that my keezer project is properly insulated and have the temperature control device installed if it would be possible to connect a commercial keg to a sankey coupler and have the beer line connected to 5-6 ft. of 3/16" tubing connected with a picnic tap. This is just a temporary solution until I get up the dough for my 6-tap "T" tower.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 937 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 28

You absolutely can do that but I hope you're talking about pushing the beer with CO2 and not an onboard air pump. That beer will oxidize in 24 hours.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 08-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
NK3740
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
You absolutely can do that but I hope you're talking about pushing the beer with CO2 and not an onboard air pump. That beer will oxidize in 24 hours.
Absolutely, Bobby. I've got the tank, regulator, distributor and hoses ready to go! It's just that the tower and drip tray I want are too damn expensive for me right now. My real question comes when I want to connect the picnic faucet to the coupler. Most towers I've seen have to screw-on nut that attaches to the end of the beverage hose. How/where do I get the barbed fitting to put over the top of the coupler?

Old 08-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #4
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 937 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I believe the part you're looking for is a barbed tailpiece and nut. http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/fittings-portfolio-cid-868.html

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Quick Reply