Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Compatible Hardware?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 AM   #1
Stevorino
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Compatible Hardware?

I'm trying to figure out if these two pieces of hardware are right for my keggle. They both look like they have male ends, but I can't find any other weldless fittings that would connect the Sight-Glass to my Keggle...suggestions/Thoughts?

Weldless Bulkhead:

https://morebeer.com/view_product/19795/102318

Sight-glass from Bobby_M:

http://www.suebob.com/images/brew/3kegs/sightelbow.JPG

-Stevorino-_________________________________________
In Keezer:
1. BCS - Wet Hopped West Coast Blaster
2. CYBI - Gordon's IPA Clone
3. BCS - Scottish -80
4. BCS - Specialty Saison (Gold Medal at BMO)
In Process:
1. BCS - Janet's Brown Ale (Fermenting)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1056 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Since it was my idea that you ask around for the answer I thought I'd post here too. Now that I read the description closer, they claim it can be used in either orientation. The one application they list it for is for a weldless thermometer. The fitting for my sight glass is literally the same in that it presents a male 1/2" pipe thread to the bulkhead.

As I suspected, it will go sight fitting, coupling, nipple, kettle wall, Oring, Washer, stainless lock nut. They made a point to use a stainless locknut knowing that it might be used on the interior of a vessel.

If the weldless bulkhead works at all, as it should, it will certainly work for my sightglass. Just make sure that the place you drill is as low as possible but still leaves room for the Oring to seal well.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Old 02-29-2008, 04:10 AM   #3
Stevorino
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
Since it was my idea that you ask around for the answer I thought I'd post here too. Now that I read the description closer, they claim it can be used in either orientation. The one application they list it for is for a weldless thermometer. The fitting for my sight glass is literally the same in that it presents a male 1/2" pipe thread to the bulkhead.

As I suspected, it will go sight fitting, coupling, nipple, kettle wall, Oring, Washer, stainless lock nut. They made a point to use a stainless locknut knowing that it might be used on the interior of a vessel.

If the weldless bulkhead works at all, as it should, it will certainly work for my sightglass. Just make sure that the place you drill is as low as possible but still leaves room for the Oring to seal well.
ahhh...So you just stick the male end of the weldless bulkhead inside the pot w/ the nut rather than on the outside...So simple...

I'm stoked to get my sightglasses-- thanks for shipping'em so quick, Bobby!

-Stevorino-_________________________________________
In Keezer:
1. BCS - Wet Hopped West Coast Blaster
2. CYBI - Gordon's IPA Clone
3. BCS - Scottish -80
4. BCS - Specialty Saison (Gold Medal at BMO)
In Process:
1. BCS - Janet's Brown Ale (Fermenting)

Quick Reply