Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > CO2 REgulator Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
KingPin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Default CO2 REgulator Problem

So, my regulator had a run in with my floor.....Now one of the dials is a little wonky meaning that the paper guide inside the gauge is a little malformed and the needle cannot go all the way to the proper pressure...

Not a problem for me right now as I had the pressure gauge set to 30psi before the accident but it kind of prevents me from any fine adjustments later (say down to 15 or up higher if needed.

My question is is there an easy way to get inside the gauge and adjust the paper scale so its not bent out of shape? What are the problems if i do that? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

What we measure affects what we do. If we have the wrong metrics, we will strive for the wrong things."
--Joseph Stiglitz

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3208 Times on 3112 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPin View Post
So, my regulator had a run in with my floor.....Now one of the dials is a little wonky meaning that the paper guide inside the gauge is a little malformed and the needle cannot go all the way to the proper pressure...

Not a problem for me right now as I had the pressure gauge set to 30psi before the accident but it kind of prevents me from any fine adjustments later (say down to 15 or up higher if needed.

My question is is there an easy way to get inside the gauge and adjust the paper scale so its not bent out of shape? What are the problems if i do that? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

The clear plastic cover should either unscrew or pry off easily.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply