CO2 refills in Central NJ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich_S

Reaction score
I recently bought some kegging equipment and now need to get my bottle filled. I live in Burlington County

Since it's a brand new bottle, I'd prefer getting it filled rather than exchanging.

My LHBS recommends Kennedy Welding Supply in Trenton. Googling, I also found Camden Bar and Restaurant Supplies in Camden and Reliable Carbonic in New Brunswick.

All of these are probably 40-45 minutes from me in different directions. Anything else in the area a little closer, and ahem in "more upscale" neighborhoods?

You could also look for airgas in your area. Also, might call the fire department and ask who services extinguishers in the area. That's who I use (in my area) as does the beer distributor.

I know you said you want a refill instead of a swap, but I swap mine at South Jersey Welding supply in Maple Shade, and all the tanks I have gotten are just as good as the new one I purchased with my kegging kit. I was a little leery about the swap thing, mainly from stuff I read on here about how they take your nice new shiny aluminium tank and give you a ratty old steel one. But at least at this place it hasn't been an issue for me.

try paintball places they usually fill tanks for kegoraters

try paintball places they usually fill tanks for kegoraters

I have heard mixed things about this - some say the paintball shops add oil to the gas for lubing the guns. I don't want oil in my beer. Others say it's ok.

I just stopped by Camden Bar and Restaurant. Very friendly service, took less than 5 minutes to fill while I waited. $18.95. Also, it's not actually in Camden. I would highly recommend them.

Back