Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Cleaning tubing after brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
JoeBeerJoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Cleaning tubing after brewing

Any suggestions on how to clean the tubing after brewing, it appears to me that it is not drying all the way

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I just whirl it around, to get as much water out as I can, and then hang it up and let it drip. Sometimes there's still little drops of water in there, but I don't worry too much about it.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 01-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
JoeBeerJoe
Recipes 

How often do you replace your tubing?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBeerJoe View Post
How often do you replace your tubing?
Not as often as I probably should, maybe once a year. In fact, I'm probably overdue. I usually pump PBW or Oxiclean through it after I'm done with it. If I can let it soak I do, but, since I usually clean at the end of the brew day, and don't let things sit, I don't normally soak.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 01-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner

Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 73

I also whirl it around and hang it on a close line to dry. The key is to immediately run water and sanitizer through it right after siphoning. This prevents stickiness from staying on the inside and the tubing will last longer.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
dstar26t
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

Pre-boil hoses get hand rinsed thoroughly with hot water and hung to dry. Wort chilling hoses get oxiclean pumped through them for 30 minutes (sometimes twice especially if using hop extract) and then 2 rinse cycles then hung to dry. Cellar hoses get soaked in oxiclean overnight every use and rinsed with hot water then hung to dry.

Next: RIS
Fermenting: Barrel Fermented Dreg Lambic, Brett Trois Helles, Carrot Blossom Cedar Mead
Drinking: Dusseldorf Altbier v5, Oktoberfest v5, Dopplebock v2, Cider, Rye Berliner Weisse, Sauerkraut Fermented Gose, Lambic, Brett Trois IPA, Brett Blonde, Kriek, Saison, Sour Blonde, RIS
Barrel aged: RIS, Rye Barleywine, Tripel

Quick Reply