Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Chugger SS replacement Head Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
tmcmaster007
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Chugger SS replacement Head Question

I'm considering upgrading to the Chugger SS heads to replace the polysulfone heads from my March pumps. I have one regular March and one high flow March. I've looked around at different vendors who offer the replacement heads and see that some look to include the impeller and some don't (or aren't pictured). Do these replacement heads come with impellers? If so, are they the high flow impellers? Also are center inlets with reducers the way to go? or just stick with my current arrangement and get the in-lines? Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
tophmck
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 14

When I bought mine (from Brew Hardware) it included the impeller. The chugger impeller is "medium flow", meaning it's smaller than the March 815 impeller but larger than the March 809 impeller.

There's no right answer on center inlet versus inline. The center inlet have a slightly higher flow rate, but many people prefer the hose layout you get with an inline. Personally, I use center inlet.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply