The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Chugger problems

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #141
Bruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Wish I could say that about MY employer.

Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #142
WalterAtMarchPump
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin View Post
Wish I could say that about MY employer.
Yeah believe me i KNOW how lucky i am to have this job. Its nice knowing that since they have been in business for almost 60yrs now, they have next to no overhead expenses and everything has been paid off long time ago. When the economy took a hit back on 2008 and everyone here was getting nervous, the owners got everyone together out in the factory and told us that it will be business as usual till it all clears up....its been slow but steady and every year we do have an increase in sales...not what they forecast but an increase none the less. And they said even if the orders stopped coming in on that very day, that they could continue to pay all expenses for another 2yrs before they would start laying off employees!
In the 11yrs that i have been here now, they have only fired 1 person for not showing up to work, and that guy had some "personal demons" he was dealing with and last i heard was locked away for a few years to sort things out. They have not laid anyone off other then the temp workers we occasionally hire when we get some crazy orders here and there that need to be filled.
Its nice to work for a family run business. My last job was R&D at Motorola in the cellular field and the stuff that went on back then. ..I'm not surprised to see the company where it is now

-Walter

Old 12-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #143
chuggerpumps
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 9

we have a ****load of overhead and we are still trying to save the brewer $$$. Brewing is a new passion of mine and I just want to help the local guy at his house ..and save him some money so he can buy the GI JOE with the Kung Fu Grip for his son for X mass.

Good for you March PUMP with Huge profits !!! How Bout helping out the little guy??

Old 12-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #144
Bruin
Recipes 

Don't need the kung fu grip, but I do need a plate chiller, new propane burner, mash tun AND A PUMP FOR CHRISTMAS! (hint-hint Mike!) Hopefully you'll be in the same boat as the March folks in a few years. Nothing worth having comes easy.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #145
Firebat138
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I for one will be buying a chugger when they are back in stock just because of this thread... Let us know when they are back in stock

Fermenting:
20 gal Galactic Black IPA, 10 gal Ypers Pale Ale,
10 gal Belgian WitX2, 10 Gal 2 Hearted Clone,10 gal Samhain Pumpkin, 10 gal Green Flash West Coast IPA
10 gal Coffee Stout,10 Gal Raging Beeatch, 10 Gal Hop Head IPA

Old 12-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #146
chuggerpumps
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

We are there now ....So I give you a pump (working of Course) and you become a Chugger Advocate?

Old 12-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #147
WalterAtMarchPump
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 12

If we wanted to import stuff from China and turn right around and send it out the door, it can be done. Thing is the owners want to keep it made in the USA as much as possible.
Only thing on our 809's that's from China are the magnets. Which come to us in the raw molded form. We then have to do some machining, mold them up, and then magnetize them here in-house. The motors currently come from Mexico. There were made in St. Louis MO before the company moved the small motor operations down there. Find us someone in the US and we'll be glad to check them out
We have had dealings with the "over seas" guys more then a few times not to bother with their product. What they initially give you and what you get in the end can change on a moments notice and with no heads up on their part as I'm sure you have found out!!!
One of our motor suppliers recently moved its motor operations to China...they sent us the first batch without even telling us of the change! Lucky for us our QC dept. caught it before it went out to production.....we tested the motors that were supposedly made to the exact same specs as before. First problem we encountered was the motors ran almost 1.5x hotter then before! When you have a product that rated for continuous 24/7 use that normally runs at 125* max and suddenly you start getting motors that run 180* and are tripping the thermal overloads it can create problems real fast and you loose customers even faster!

-Walter

Old 12-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #148
iijakii
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggerpumps View Post
We are there now ....So I give you a pump (working of Course) and you become a Chugger Advocate?
I'd write a song and spread the tales across the land...

Old 12-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #149
chuggerpumps
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

If we can make it in China with Quality and save the US guy a few bucks so he can pay his mortgage or put the money back into the US economy...Where is the problem with that?...over 50% of the March product is from another country!!! Its not like we just call China and say make us pumps....I have spent a lot of time over there away from my family to make this work because I believe it is a good thing and it will help my fellow brewers ...Cheers. I would not expect a company like March to be able to adapt to another countries culture...visit their factory ...it is like walking back into the 60'S.....I believe there is no overhead...nothing has been touched. Visit our place you will see nothing but state of the art equipment ...brand new ....plus we are totally off the electrical grid with 100 KW solar power . None of this is from the Chugger Pump line, we have built the company over 20 years selling all kinds of pumps including the March line. We are great at what we do and will strive to do more for less.

Obviously March has a lot of time to monitor these blogs now that someone has challenged them....

Old 12-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #150
Hugh_Jass
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggerpumps View Post
If we can make it in China with Quality and save the US guy a few bucks so he can pay his mortgage or put the money back into the US economy...Where is the problem with that?...over 50% of the March product is from another country!!! Its not like we just call China and say make us pumps....I have spent a lot of time over there away from my family to make this work because I believe it is a good thing and it will help my fellow brewers ...Cheers. I would not expect a company like March to be able to adapt to another countries culture...visit their factory ...it is like walking back into the 60'S.....I believe there is no overhead...nothing has been touched. Visit our place you will see nothing but state of the art equipment ...brand new ....plus we are totally off the electrical grid with 100 KW solar power . None of this is from the Chugger Pump line, we have built the company over 20 years selling all kinds of pumps including the March line. We are great at what we do and will strive to do more for less.

Obviously March has a lot of time to monitor these blogs now that someone has challenged them....
To save a bit more money, why not drop the vendor tag and start a new account under the "mikeatchuggerpumps" acct.

You could go on every March pump thread and disrupt the conversation.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply