Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Chillus Convolutus on B3's DoD, 12/06/08

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
bull8042
I like 'em shaved
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 446 Times on 444 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Chillus Convolutus on B3's DoD, 12/06/08

I stayed up 6 hours past my bedtime to snag one of these, and am very happy I did. But at almost 10:00 AM, there are still 2 on sale!
I can't believe I am the only person in the country/world that wanted one of these! This is a pretty good deal.....

"I do gravity feed the last gallon or two through my Therminator, but I expect you could suck start a Volkswagen before you could suck start one of these. - GilaMinumBeer

"..... Bull was right." - TXCurtis

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Stevorino
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

How do you know what the deal of the day is going to be before it's on teh site?

-Stevorino-_________________________________________
In Keezer:
1. BCS - Wet Hopped West Coast Blaster
2. CYBI - Gordon's IPA Clone
3. BCS - Scottish -80
4. BCS - Specialty Saison (Gold Medal at BMO)
In Process:
1. BCS - Janet's Brown Ale (Fermenting)

Old 12-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
bull8042
I like 'em shaved

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevorino View Post
How do you know what the deal of the day is going to be before it's on teh site?
Maybe I didn't word that right. I stayed up 6 hours past my bedtime... (sick baby who couldn't sleep) AND caught the deal of the day in person instead of a belated email.... AND snagged one of these.
Circumstances to me are irrelevant. With all of the hoopla lately about the unfairness of the DoD to the East Coasters, my point was it is not necessarily unfair......

"I do gravity feed the last gallon or two through my Therminator, but I expect you could suck start a Volkswagen before you could suck start one of these. - GilaMinumBeer

Old 12-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #4
ScubaSteve

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 48 Posts

Congrats! I've had mine for a while but have only gotten to use it one time due to moving. It's a great piece of gear and it catches my eye every time I go in the garage. Tonight, I'm going to look at soldering on some 1/2" FIP adapters so I can put QD's on it.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
bull8042
I like 'em shaved

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Congrats! I've had mine for a while but have only gotten to use it one time due to moving. It's a great piece of gear and it catches my eye every time I go in the garage. Tonight, I'm going to look at soldering on some 1/2" FIP adapters so I can put QD's on it.
You know, I posed a question to B3 awhile back about connector options, but was told that I could use their hose-NPT adapters to accomplish the same thing. Oh well, I'm not complaining at all. There will be 4 FPT fittings soldered on before the first brew. That will allow me to use my polysulfone QDs like the rest of my "stuff".
Glad to hear that you really like yours. It was a real toss up between that and a plate chiller. I just didn't feel comfortable recirculating the wort while mashing through a plate chiller. Just seems like it would plug too easily.

Quick Reply