Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Chiller anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 05:48 AM   #1
BuffaloSabresBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Chiller anyone?

Well I am and thanks to HBT I found this site.
www.coppertubingsales.com
They sell rolls in 50' and 100'. I am planning on making a 25' chiller. It seems this size is pretty common and will work perfect for me I think. Well I dont see any reason for wasting 25' of copper. Is anyone Interested in splitting a 50' roll of copper so both of us can make some sexy immersion chillers. BEFORE shipping 50' of 3/8 is $33.25. After shipping to my house it $42.29. If anyone is interested let me know. If I get alot of responses we could even get a 100' roll for more savings. If not Ill just bite the bullet and buy the whole roll. Let me know when even you the chance. Prost!

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
2ndstorey

Recipes 

Use it all. You might not think you need it now but 50' of 3/8" will seem like its just not quite enough very soon.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
Grimsawyer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndstorey
Use it all. You might not think you need it now but 50' of 3/8" will seem like its just not quite enough very soon.
I agree! In fact go for the 100 foot roll. When I do 5 gallon batches and use my wimpy 25 foot immersion chiller the water isn't very warm coming out and that's with me stirring the wort the whole time. Takes 20-35 min depending on what time of year it is. Bigger is better! You Won't regret making one a little too big but you will KICK yourself after you find you could of had one that would have met your needs better but you cheaped out!(hehe, I have done this! Don't make the same mistakes other people have. Instead learn from them.) And whatever you decide, GRATS on your up-coming chiller!!!!!!!!

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBeer
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Old 01-26-2008, 02:35 AM   #4
BuffaloSabresBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

A bump for anyone at all interested. Noobs?

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

Old 01-26-2008, 03:27 AM   #5
mrk305
Beer Dude in the Sunset
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Thats a good price. I'd take 25 feet to make a pre-chiller for my 25 foot immersion chiller. I live in Georgia, and in the summer, tap water alone is not cool enough.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:37 AM   #6
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Instead of a pre-chiller, pump ice water directly into your chiller with a pond pump. Much more efficient.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:44 AM   #7
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1067 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I agree. Keep the 50 for yourself or you'll be selling that 25 and remaking a new one later.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Quick Reply