Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > CHEAP oxygen tanks in PA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 978 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default CHEAP oxygen tanks in PA

http://cgi.ebay.com/Medical-Oxygen-E...QQcmdZViewItem
Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
FlyGuy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I was given a medical O2 tank and regulator to use. The tank was pretty much full, so I hadn't even thought of refilling it. But does anyone know how easy it would be? Does one need a medical prescription to do so?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
foppa78

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Unless you get lucky and find someone who will fill it, you normally need a Dr prescription to get it filled. Usually not worth the hastle. I was told not to waste my time.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 978 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 28

This place looks like they'd fill it for you. I was mostly suggesting it for PA residents. There are ways to get past the regulations, etc. I mean, you might know a doctor, you might bribe the guy at the welding gas place or explain to him that you're using it for brewing. You might drop a 6 pack off. There are ways to get things.

I picked up a 3/4 full medical grade tank and regulator and I also don't think I need to fill it anytime soon.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 07-26-2007, 02:35 PM   #5
FlyGuy

Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
This place looks like they'd fill it for you. I was mostly suggesting it for PA residents. There are ways to get past the regulations, etc. I mean, you might know a doctor, you might bribe the guy at the welding gas place or explain to him that you're using it for brewing. You might drop a 6 pack off. There are ways to get things.

I picked up a 3/4 full medical grade tank and regulator and I also don't think I need to fill it anytime soon.
Yeah, I am in the same boat as you -- I have a nearly full tank of O2 and I doubt that I am ever going to use it all up. I was just curious, in more of a general sense, about refilling those tanks.

Quick Reply