Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Cheap Digital Temperature Controller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
csafley
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Cheap Digital Temperature Controller

Here is a digital thermostat with outlet control that I cam across. It is fairly inexpensive compared to the others I have seen and seems like it would work perfectly for Ale fermentations. The temperature ranges is 45 - 90. I plan on extending the thermostat wire so I can run it into my fermentation chamber.

Let me know what you think.

Amazon.com: WIN100 Heating & Cooling Programmable Outlet Thermostat: Home Improvement

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 128 Posts

Don't know about fermentation, but I think I will be ordering one to replace the mechanical thermostat that controls my garage's evaporative cooler. The dead-band is about 20F and all too often it gets stuck on and the cooler runs all night.

Good find.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 04-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
bluehouse
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/opin...hamber-114275/

I already ordered this & posted about it. I have recieved it. Lead to the thermostate is very short. I opened it up and pulled the wire furhter out of the box. I had to break a plastic retaining clip to get it to pull out. I have not installed it yet but I now have enough lead on the wire to be able to extend it if needed. I am going to work on my set up this week end and will post how it turns out once I have the install completed. The product does appear to be very well built and the directions are clear and simple so if it installs as easy as it appears it will be a good find.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
Grantman1
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Any feedback on this? I just scored a free fridge and I'm looking into temp control. On a tight budget, but will do what it takes to get my fermentation temps under control.

Quick Reply