The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > cheap 30 qt pot and burner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
daum
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default cheap 30 qt pot and burner

Just bought one of these far cheaper than i could find anywhere else:http://cgi.ebay.com/30-QT-Aluminum-T...QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck.
Daum

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Looks similar to the set I got (actually, 2 sets) at WalMart last thanksgiving, but mine didn't have the strainer insert---mine was also on a welded square base with 4 welded legs. I spent $40 per set, so after S&H, it's pretty comparable. Best $80 I ever spent. I've used the pots and the burners more times than I can remember. I just hope those legs on yours are sturdy enough for big boils.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 07-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4202 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 779

I got mine at a liquidator (like Big Lots) and I spent around $35 for the set up and it came with "extras" like an extra fry pan for fish and an extra basket.

I use it often, and I'm happy with it. The problem is that now my husband actually wants to cook a TURKEY in my BREWPOT!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 32 Posts

I've got the same one. It may be cheap, but it gets the job done.

$40 isn't bad, but I think Academy sells them for $30-something. Sometimes Walmart has them for < $40, but they're a seasonal item and I bet they don't have them in stock right now.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:40 PM   #5
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper Chick
I got mine at a liquidator (like Big Lots) and I spent around $35 for the set up and it came with "extras" like an extra fry pan for fish and an extra basket.

I use it often, and I'm happy with it. The problem is that now my husband actually wants to cook a TURKEY in my BREWPOT!
Yeah...SWMBO once used mine for a big batch of marinara. Took a good long PBW soak after that.

Speaking of marinara, and very off-topic, but...this past weekend, we made a big batch of marinara. While the main sauce was on the stove cooking, I fired up the smoker and smoked 5 whole tomatoes. Low heat (meaning a small charcoal addition), but plenty of wood. Smoke 'em for an hour or so, but keep the heat low so as not to cook them to the point that they fall apart.

Then chop them up and add them to the sauce. Holy crap, the best sauce EVER. Not too much smoke, just the right amount, and it was AWESOME. I never thought I'd like smoke in a red sauce, but we had it over venison meatballs with some fresh garlic-parsley pasta, and it was top notch. I highly recommend this. Swmbo took the rest of the batch and pressure canned it. Yeeeehaw!

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
Ryanh1801

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

ehh, I got one like that with a ss pot for the same price. After shipping.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #7
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts

The legs look a little skinny, but will be ok for a 5 gallon batch.... I placed my new keggle on my burner and I am glad that I have thick flat steel legs on it... that thing is HEAVY!!!!!!

Quick Reply