Edit: 3/30/13 - Go to post #31 for the newest version.
I really HATE the cleaning aspect of brewing. Specifically carboys & kegs. All other aspects I love, but the one thing I always put off until necessary is cleaning my carboys & cornies. So I decided to make this an easier process that didn't require fumbling around with wet carboys/kegs full of water and making a mess.
I got the idea from another post on here using a sump pump and a bucket, so I can't take credit for the idea. I just decided to take it up a notch and make it a permanent piece of equipment in my brewery, and usable on carboys, cornies, and keggles/pots/etc.
I have access to beat up dishwashers that are still perfectly functional, and had been thinking of converting one to use for this purpose. The problem is they are just too small inside. So I decided to rob the parts and build something that did the same thing. I had a laundry sink that I have been meaning to install in our laundry room for several years but never got around to, so it made a perfect candidate for this.
Before hacking into the sink, I decided to make a prototype from OSB and a rubbermaid storage container. This material is easy to work with and cheap to replace if I screwed it up, so I did that first. Here is what I made.
The last pic with the bolt plugging the hose is where it would tee off into ball lock connectors so it can be connected to a corny and wash the dip tubes as well. There was also a tee tee to allow me to drain the tub with the pump, but the plan changed and that was eliminated.
Once this was assembled, I put it to the test. Here is a before and after shot after only 30 seconds.
I considered this a success, so I grabbed the sink to move the parts over.
The final product. I was lacking the liquid connector to finish the install for connecting to cornies but have the gas side connected.