Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Can I make beer with this?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Waldoshi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Can I make beer with this?

So, this is a craigslist listing I was inspired to look for when a local brewpub said they got their start brewing large batches with a ridiculously large industrial coffee brewer bought off Craigslist that they used to brew with. I've yet to figure all the parts yet, but I'm assuming you:
-- get the temp right to steep the grains in the filter/hopper,
-- that flows down and creates the wort in the tank,
-- that is considered your boiling area (add hops, etc.) -- or --
-- drain the tank, do your boil
-- place in fermenter.

Here is the link, but will it work?
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/bfd/3178938867.html

I make a lot of one gallon batches because I like to experiment with styles/flavors and enjoy putting a batch together in 4-5 hours on the stovetop. This, in my thinking, might make it even cleaner and faster...opening the door for higher volume not via batch up by variety.

So...has anyone ever heard of this working?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply