The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > C-brite dilution instructions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
BradFont
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default C-brite dilution instructions

Hey everyone,

I am a novice homebrewer and I am looking for some definitive directions for using C-Brite cleanser/sanitizer. How much water should I add to a 0.8 oz. packet of C-brite? Also, can I pour it down my sink drain? I would appreciate any information on this!

Thank you,
Brad

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
HopsJunkie
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You probably wanted to aim for the "Beginners Brewing Forum" instead of this board, just for future reference.

I used C-brite in the beginning(came with my kit) and then switched to Oxiclean FREE(no dyes or perfumes) and I'd recommend that.

Here's the info, though: CLEANSING: Clean object to be sanitized with 1-2 packets C-Brite (0.8 ounce packet) in 2 gallons of warm water and rinse well with potable water. It may be necessary to remove beer stool, gross filth and heavy soil from the surface by a pre-scrape, pre-flush and where necessary a pre-soak treatment.

Generally, 1 pound grain = .75 pounds LME = .6 pounds DME. - Yooper

Old 10-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
passedpawn
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2958 Times on 1876 Posts
Likes Given: 2501

Sorry, can't answer your q, but the current standard in homebrewing is oxyclean (target, walmart, grocery) for soaking stuff and cleaning it, and star san for sanitizing. If you get the star san, also get a spray bottle from HD / Lowes and mix in there.

Good luck.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:11 AM   #4
BradFont
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn
Sorry, can't answer your q, but the current standard in homebrewing is oxyclean (target, walmart, grocery) for soaking stuff and cleaning it, and star san for sanitizing. If you get the star san, also get a spray bottle from HD / Lowes and mix in there.

Good luck.
Thank you guys. I appreciate your input!

Quick Reply