Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Buying used

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 12:51 AM   #1
Wort*hog
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Buying used

I have an opportunity to by some equiptment from a restaurant. It has changed hands and the new owners (leasors?) are not going to serve draft beer. The equiptment consists of a stainless counter, a two tap tower, a drip tray, Three kegs (small ?7.5 gal?) a large co2 cylinder with regulator and associated manifold tubes and hoses. The kegs and co2 set up are in a cold room. There is also a fan to cool the lines going to the taps. The kegs are from a local microbrewery. I'm thinking The kegs belong to the micro breweries and the co2 tank could be leased from a distributor. thereby what I could be buying legaly might be only the table, tower, taps and lines. any thoughts? Also I live in Utah and you cant buy keg beer here. Legally.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 01:11 AM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

I wouldn't pay more than $200 for the setup. A double draft tower, complete, is about $140 new. The connectors on the lines won't fit cornies and you would need to set up a cooler of some sort.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 10-07-2006, 01:50 AM   #3
Wort*hog

Recipes 

That's what he's asking $200.I offer $150. I'm building a chest kegerator and have 4 cornies four taps and shanks a regulator and tank a new freezer and a thermostat. About all I need is some ball locks and some plumbing. I was thinking my son wants to do a setup but I dont think the value is in this deal.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:42 AM   #4
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 105 Posts
Likes Given: 13

The deal, especially the stainless table is probably more valuable to another restaurant though due to the NSF rating and local health codes.

Might have to take the table off the table to get what you need to get the deal done.

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 10-14-2006, 07:30 AM   #5
Teedocious
Recipes 

Off topic...

You can't buy kegged beer in utah? What the hell? Thank god I don't need to worry about puritanical (or is it mormonic?) and arbitrary laws in california.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:17 AM   #6
JeanLucD
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teedocious
Off topic...

You can't buy kegged beer in utah? What the hell? Thank god I don't need to worry about puritanical (or is it mormonic?) and arbitrary laws in california.
You can't legally buy/carry alchol in volumes larger than 2L IIRC, hah, I beleive it is even illegal to be drunk. I also read a whole lot of other wack laws related to alcohol and its purchase, you poor poor souls. It's quite funny how down here in New Zealand there is nothing in the law that prohibits me from buying brewing supplies and brewing myself, even though I am under the legal drinking age of 18.

- back on topic - It really doesn't seem like ur getting that much for your money really, especially if it seems that you don't really need anything other than ball lock and plumbing.

Secondary #1:My wash for distilling, yum yum.

Secondary #2: Empty

Bottled:my Belgian-like Wit, Mac's Lager (nz kit), James Squire Amber Ale clone, Cheesefood's Vanilla Caramel Cream Ale, Munton's wheat and possibly some of my cider hidden somewhere - it seems to pop up somtimes, lol I guess I should have labelled them.

Old 10-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #7
Wort*hog

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teedocious
Off topic...

Sad! But true! You can get draft beer in a tavern or micro brewery but you cant buy a keg for home use. You can drink in Utah but the laws are in place it seems to make sure when you do you know the mighty mormons are in power!A constant nagging reminder if you will.

Quick Reply