Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Equipment/Sanitation (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/)
-   -   Busted Therm (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/busted-therm-359828/)

bobcatbrewer 10-09-2012 04:02 AM

Busted Therm
 
I'm sure there are many posts on this already but I have to ask. I have a therm that had a small portion of the bottom of it melt. A little bit of the red had subsided but i'm talking about a small portion of the bottom like the size of this smiley face :o.

Should I worry? I really dont want to throw it all out this will be the first beer in my kegs I just purchased.

Thanks,

day_trippr 10-09-2012 04:41 AM

If the fluid was red, it's most likely alcohol with some dye. Not sure if either will cause you to grow an extra appendage, but at least it's not mercury...

Cheers!

[edit] Could be a lot of non-mercury liquids. You can read more here. Ethanol, ethyl acetate (a food flavoring) - heck, even that much kerosene - I'd be ok with. But if it was toulene, I'd be less inclined to keep it...

bobcatbrewer 10-09-2012 04:58 AM

The one that I was using was from AHB it can be found here, http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=12671. It says non toxic so i think i'm ok just looking for some expert advice.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:50 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.