Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > bunn coffee grinder for mill?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
LoneTreeFarms
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default bunn coffee grinder for mill?

like the title says I'm looking at switching over from mainly extract to all grain. I've got a bunn coffee grinder from a closed grocery store. was thinking about putting a hopper on the top. should work shouldn't it?

g1_hd.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
flips
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My parents had an antique electric coffee maker (similar to the photo) sitting around as decoration. After a clean up and a new electric cord it was up and running. The grinding mechanism is probably similar design to yours.

Even at the coarsest grind it was still too fine, I had to take the knob off and back it out an additional couple of turns to get an acceptable grind. My guess is that will be your biggest issue. Pick up a couple of pound of two row and give it a try in advance of your brew day.

flips

coffee.46184517_std.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply