Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Building a Sanke Mash Tun

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
digdan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Building a Sanke Mash Tun

So I got myself a Sanke Keg, 8 metal sawzall blades and a sawzall. I also have the metal bits to drill the holes for weldless fittings. Now I just need someone to help me on how to build this thing.

Where is the best place to get parts, and what is the best way to set it up?

I would like to go weldless on the whole thing, and eventually hook it to a pump. An easy way to dump spent grains would be great too.

It would be nice to have a sight tube, I could use a floating thermometer, but a built-in mash thermometer would be nicer.

Also any advise from a person who has assembled one before would be great.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
Brewiz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

When I did mine I used this weldless fitting: http://morebeer.com/product.html?product_id=19806 it made the process a lot easier. I didn't put a sight glass on my mush tun but I did make one for my HLT. You also need to get a top from a kitchen supply or Walmart and trace it out where you will cut. I also insulated mine with a hot water heater blanket to help hold temp (which it does very well). You may also really consider putting a weldless thermometer on it so you don't have to keep taking the top off to check the temp. Hope this helps.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply