Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Building Brutus 10 to fit Boilermaker Kettles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2010, 04:36 AM   #11
Wheezer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for input schristian. Were the 10" squares 2 inches apart?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 04:40 AM   #12
Wheezer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I should ask were the 13 inch squares from the outer edge 2 inches apart. I know I am overthinking this whole process, but I can't help it. Thanks!

Old 04-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #13
Irrenarzt
HNIC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 154 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Mac View Post
Wow Dude, I am standing right here.

Yep, looks like you used pretty much 95% of my ideas verbatim...
Wasn't meant as a diss to you at all Lonnie. Yours is simply the first generation, others are going to have small improvements. You are the forefather and nothing is gonna change that.

95% is perhaps an over-estimate. I did not use SS, no internal gas beam, different conduit layout, no internal routing, different wiring scheme than you posted, different regulator, different pilot configs/lines etc. But yes, yours was inspirational and you deserve credit. My build was based directly on your BYO article. I merely made small improvements based on my system layout. A good example would be the control panel beam. I ran it out straight instead of a 45 as that made more sense for a weldless frame. Every improvement I made for my system was thought out for my arrangement and in a way pays homage to yours. The bottom line is people should not panic and they should put some thought into THEIR system and what best works for them. Evolution of the species...
On Tap: Belgian Pale Ale, Session Porter, American Brown Ale, Rum Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy, Beer Camp #118 Grandma's Closet

On Deck: Oud Bruin, Blue Corn Saison, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Pomegranate Cider

Last edited by Irrenarzt; 04-15-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #14
schristian619
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I actually didn't measure that. I just made two 10/13" squares on each end, then centered the middle square. But my stand is 48" long so, that makes them about 4.5" apart (from the outer edge of the squares).

Old 04-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #15
Lonnie Mac
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrenarzt View Post
Wasn't meant as a diss to you at all Lonnie. Yours is simply the first generation, others are going to have small improvements. You are the forefather and nothing is gonna change that.

95% is perhaps an over-estimate. I did not use SS, no internal gas beam, different conduit layout, no internal routing, different wiring scheme than you posted, different regulator, different pilot configs/lines etc. But yes, yours was inspirational and you deserve credit. My build was based directly on your BYO article. I merely made small improvements based on my system layout. A good example would be the control panel beam. I ran it out straight instead of a 45 as that made more sense for a weldless frame. Every improvement I made for my system was thought out for my arrangement and in a way pays homage to yours. The bottom line is people should not panic and they should put some thought into THEIR system and what best works for them. Evolution of the species...
Ha!
I know you weren't dissing... Just keep in mind that I have spent the better part of the last 5 years, and actually the 5 years before that with, well, Brutus 5, trying to help people make a BETTER Brutus than I own. So no one here knows that better than I do my friend... And I am NOT king. Look on my website and see all the great systems that people across the world have fabricated. They are the kings! And BTW, yours is there as well on the front page I believe...

So frankly, if we are to cobble together a great looking brew stand such as you and I have done, let's play nice when someone else needs our assistance... Because even five years later now, I have 4 emails to answer just tonight about Brutus...

Pretty soon he will be showing someone else how to build a brew stand too...

Lonnie Mac...
President of the Brutus Ten cult!

Old 04-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #16
willynilly
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I still dont see my "20" on your page Lonnie

Old 04-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #17
Lonnie Mac
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willynilly View Post
I still dont see my "20" on your page Lonnie
OMG!

Let me get that done! I have been meaning to my friend... This stupid program I have in photoshop makes me do the entire pic site over just to add one pic to it... Takes about an hour... I'll do it this weekend! I have about 13 in the que including yours!

Lonnie Mac...
President of the Brutus Ten cult!

Old 04-16-2010, 01:50 AM   #18
willynilly
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Mac View Post
OMG!

Let me get that done! I have been meaning to my friend... This stupid program I have in photoshop makes me do the entire pic site over just to add one pic to it... Takes about an hour... I'll do it this weekend! I have about 13 in the que including yours!
Didnt realize it was that much work... looking forward to it, thanks for inspiring us all.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #19
cfinan
Recipes 

Wheezer, how did the stand come out? I'm getting ready to build the sane setup and I was wondering what your dimensions ended up being.

Tags
beer sculpture, boilermaker, brutus 10, kettle, weld

Quick Reply