Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Building a bar. Few questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
1EightT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Building a bar. Few questions

I'm building a decent size bar in our new home and had a few questions. We have a 13 foot long section that I will be framing off as a wine room. It should come out to about 13X5 when done. The upper portion of the walls will be glass so you can see in. In front of that will be a walking area (for the bartender) with the actual bar itself in front of that. When facing the bar head on, there is an under stair storage area to the far right where I would like to place a fridge for my kegs.

So my question I guess becomes:

What is the optimal length or distance from the fridge/kegs to the taps on the bar? Anything else I should look at or avoid if possible?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
MoRoToRiUm
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

10ft is popular, but the biggest concern is are your beer lines going to be refrigerated? Theres a thread on 'For all you guys with 10ft hoses' (too lazy too look and at friends house on phone) that has link to a calculator. If you insulate your lines it shouldn't be that much of an issue. Be sure to post your setup ! ( show us your kegorator, again too lazy at the moment... posting on even windows mobile devices sucks).

Old 10-22-2008, 12:27 AM   #3
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 128

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/all-...g-hoses-83733/
Here it is

Also, Cape Brewing has a cool setup where he has a free-standing walk in cooler "box" in the other room... about 15' between the kegs and the taps in the bar. He runs a (looks like 2"?) PVC pipe between the cooler and the other room to contain the beer lines, and to keep them cool. Here's a link to the thread it came up in (post #12, scroll down):
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/wind...chamber-81561/

Unfortunately I don't think Cape has a thread dedicated to how he set it up. DAMN YOU CAAAAAPE!!!!
But do ya see the PVC down there? That's where the keg lines are.

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 10-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
1EightT
Recipes 

Thanks guys that gives me several ideas. I hadn't even thought about the lines themselves needing refrigeration. Now i'm rethinking the layout a bit, but for the better.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 128

To put the above picture in perspective, HERE is his bar. The PVC pipes you are looking at above, are behind the wall with the chalkboard in the photo below.

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Quick Reply