New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brutus Ten ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 05:47 AM   #141
HarvInSTL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
I would rather gouge my eyes out than ever deal with St Pats. Trust me, you don't want to go there.
Care to elaborate?

I ordered two 4" thermowells yesterday (wednesday) and they shipped today (thursday) and will be here on monday.

Secondary: 9/9/9/-My version, Carbernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Raspberry Melomel

On deck: Tripel, 5 day IPA Squared, White Russian Imperial Stout

Live in Saint Louis, MO? Then check out www.stlbrews.org and www.garagebrewers.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2008, 07:00 AM   #142
HarvInSTL

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimone
Oh and if anyone has any ideas for an electrical box to use for the control panel Im open to suggestions.
I just bought one of these

Secondary: 9/9/9/-My version, Carbernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Raspberry Melomel

On deck: Tripel, 5 day IPA Squared, White Russian Imperial Stout

Live in Saint Louis, MO? Then check out www.stlbrews.org and www.garagebrewers.com

Old 03-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #143
missing link
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvInSTL
Care to elaborate?

I ordered two 4" thermowells yesterday (wednesday) and they shipped today (thursday) and will be here on monday.
I ordered 2 of the 4 inch as well earlier in the week. I expect them to arrive soon. You must be closer to them than I am.

Linc

Tap#1 = Beer
Tap#2 = Beer

THey change to often to keep up with the Sig.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #144
missing link
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieper
Thanks for the reply to my earlier question. Well my version (Buick Brutus - because that stand can support a Buick!) is in the works.

My new question: Where is the best place to buy a regulator for my propane tank? I know B3 carries them but I figure Linc has found someplace that gives them out for free!

Thanks in advance...
I haven't had to look for any propane accessories yet. I'm using the burner from my smoker/fryer for boiling and electric for everything else. Sorry

Tap#1 = Beer
Tap#2 = Beer

THey change to often to keep up with the Sig.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #145
korndog

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

If anybody is looking for two brand new 14 gallon kettles for their Brutus, I have them listed in classified. Went for the Blichman's.

"..can the human soul be glimpsed through a microscope? Maybe, but you'd definitely need one of those very good ones with two eyepieces."

Twitter: LarryKonis

Old 03-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #146
MNBugeater

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default LP Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshymas
I did turn the burners this way so I could control the flow. here is a link to northern brewer with some info on the burners. http://www.northernbrewer.com/burners.html
I am using a different gas regulator then what is sold with the burners (the recommended regulator did not work very well with two burners running so I picked up a 0-60 psi regulator.) I will be moving the burners down away from the kegs to try and get a better burn. Check out this thread (Adjusting a burner height) I hope this helps
Hey wshymas-- (or anyone that knows)

By the looks of your pictures you are utilizing the 'gas beam' idea from Lonnie and the hurricane burners. You mentioned you purchased a difference regulator and run less than 30PSI.

Any idea what PSI you are runnning? The original regulator for those hurricane burners is described as a "High Pressure - Low Output". Im wondering if that gas beam is rated to handle the PSI of that regulator. And 2nd, all the gas valves im finding are rated to 5 PSI. These are fine for all the low pressure regulators and burners at .4 PSI im seeing, but are there high pressure LP Gas valves and do i need those ?

Also, wont the PSI of that hurricane regulator demand specific ASCO valves depending on much pressure they are rated for? Im shopping for the 8120G75s. What did you use in your setup ?

MNBugeater

On Tap: Blonde Ale, Apfelwein, Cinnamon Apfelwein, Amber Ale, Irish Red
Bottled: Porter, Wheat, Barleywine, Cranberry Apfelwein, Amber Ale
Buy Bugeater Brewery Gear

Last edited by MNBugeater; 03-09-2008 at 02:28 PM.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #147
Lonnie Mac
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

My friends, I can only address the pressure beam issue. For some reason this one keeps coming up. This is a chunk of 1/8" wall stainless steel! It is stronger than your black iron pipe will ever hope to be... Let's put this into perspective. The beer bottle you opened is about 10 psi, the same as your average high pressure low output burner! At normal temp, your pressure bomb sitting in the corner (with a weld completely around it) is around 150 psi... I think our beams are safe!

Lonnie Mac...
President of the Brutus Ten cult!

Old 03-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #148
Jeepsn beer

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Great thread. My Brutus is 1/2 done, I have the pumps, Therminater, burners, thermowells, temp controllers, valves, and stand ready to go but am researching pilot light assemblies. I think I have all the information I need from these posts. Hopefully mine will be done in the next few weeks. I have a few minor changes I'd like to install. I want to add a grill on top to avoid heating the frame assembly. I also have two Belimo proportioning valves that I want to use for regulating pump flow from the control panel remotely (just because). If any one has any extra advise on a standing pilot assembly please chime in.

Primary- Sweet traditional Orange blossom mead

Secondary- Coconut Porter
-Amarillo pale ale

Kegged n' bottled-

-Dry traditional mead
-Chocolate Robust Porter
-Willamette apricot Blonde
-Blueberry melomel
-Edworts Apfelwine
- Red raspberry melomel
- AG Octoberfest

Old 03-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #149
korndog

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsn beer
Great thread. My Brutus is 1/2 done, I have the pumps, Therminater, burners, thermowells, temp controllers, valves, and stand ready to go but am researching pilot light assemblies. I think I have all the information I need from these posts. Hopefully mine will be done in the next few weeks. I have a few minor changes I'd like to install. I want to add a grill on top to avoid heating the frame assembly. I also have two Belimo proportioning valves that I want to use for regulating pump flow from the control panel remotely (just because). If any one has any extra advise on a standing pilot assembly please chime in.
There is lots of good information in the Asco thread. I have done quite a bit of research on this topic.

"..can the human soul be glimpsed through a microscope? Maybe, but you'd definitely need one of those very good ones with two eyepieces."

Old 03-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #150
korndog

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

For sale:

2 Asco 8210G075 valves for fuel gas. (Brand new in box)
2 Basso H19-AL1 pilot safety valves (New Old Stock)
2 Honeywell Q314 A Pilot Burners (Brand new)

I would like to sell the whole lot. This is a complete pilot system for your Brutus.
Just add thermocouples, plumbing, and controls.

Lot Price: $300.00

Last edited by korndog; 03-11-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Quick Reply