Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brutus/More Beer 1100 Hybrid Stand Complete

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #21
jpuf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Outstanding work!! Brew on

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #22
phreephly
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Awesome set up. I sent you a PM asking some questions, but figured it made sense to put this on the board for all to see.

The main question was what are the model no. for the gas control setup. I see the honeywell flame control in some of the pics from your picasa gallery, but what regulator did you use?

phreephly -

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
-Dave Barry

Old 07-23-2008, 01:13 AM   #23
cdburg
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Here are the answers to your questions in the PM and your post. If I missed anything or you have any other questions, let me know.

The honeywell valve is the Y8610U retrofit kit. It includes the valve, wiring harness/controller and igniter assembly. You will need to buy a honeywell pilot burner separately. The kit is being phased out in favor of a newer model, so I got a pretty decent price on it. It works perfectly. Since it uses a 1/2" threaded input and output, it worked perfecty with the 1/2" iron pipe we used for the plumbing.

There are two regulators in the stand, since I used both high pressure and low pressure burners. From the tank, there is a high pressure regulator and host going to the stand. I used a 15 psi Bayou Classic regulator assembly. Before the honeywell valve, I needed another regulator to convert the high pressure to low pressure. I used the More Beer low pressure regulator. We just took out the brass fittings and plumbed it into the pipe. You can probably find one cheaper elsewhere, but I knew this one would work, so I went with it.

The burner on the mash tun makes life much easier. I can heat the strike water and dough in and then use the recirculation to maintain the temp and/or raise the temp for mashout or step mashes. It would take forever to get room temperature water to 150 degrees + with just the recirculation. I don't use the burner under the mash tun after the grain has been added to the strike water, just to avoid any risk or burned wort. Some people do it and don't have issues, but I wanted to avoid it. One less thing to worry about...

Old 07-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #24
phreephly
Recipes 

cdburg,

Thanks for the response. Where did you purchase the Honeywell kit? I have a Bayou classic burner that I use for my extract brew, and I'm going to use that burner for my boil kettle.

My plan was to heat the strike water in the HLT and pump to the mash tun, then add grain and use re-circulation.

Thanks,

phreephly -

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
-Dave Barry

Old 07-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #25
phreephly
Recipes 

UPDATE,

I found the burner kit through APEX Controls. I got the ignition kit, 1/2" x 1/2" control valve and pilot burner for $140.

It's a limited time offer.

http://www.apexcontrols.com/index.as...D&ProdID=67755

Hope this is a good price. Couldn't find anything cheaper.

phreephly -

-Dave Barry

Old 07-24-2008, 01:58 AM   #26
cdburg
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Apex Controls is exactly where I bought mine. The price was great, and they shipped it out very quickly. You should be happy with it.

You'll also need a pilot burner. There are several options, I think, but it should probably be a Honeywell as well, for simplicity. I bought the one here:
http://jmtparts.com/catalog/product_...roducts_id=152

Old 07-24-2008, 02:48 AM   #27
phreephly
Recipes 

I picked up the same burner from Pexsupply.com for $16.45.

I just need to get my brew stand built.

phreephly -

-Dave Barry

Old 07-24-2008, 10:24 AM   #28
Spoonta
Recipes 

Mate that is sexy I want 1 have 2 conicals to build first then I will give that one a go

Primary
blonde ale & Belgium Ale
Secondary #1
Empty
Bottled
Corona & Coopers Ginger beer
Kegged
Kolsh & Hopped Pale Ale

Old 08-02-2008, 05:14 AM   #29
Lonnie Mac
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

It is a bit late for me getting to this thread my friend, but this system is UNREAL!!!!

Most excellent job! This is a pro looking system if I have ever seen one.

This is what it was about...

Friggin great job!

Lonnie Mac...
President of the Brutus Ten cult!

Old 08-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #30
cdburg
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks Lonnie! That means a lot coming from you. Thank you again for the inspiration with Brutus 10. Without the article in BYO, I don't think we would have ever done this.

Quick Reply