Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Bronze Replacement Head for March 809 Pump, question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
Gammon N Beer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Default Bronze Replacement Head for March 809 Pump, question

I have acquired a bronze replacement head for my March 809 pump. I now find I need the pin that the empeller rides on.

The one from the old plastic head cannot be switched out. Any ideas where I can pick one up?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
pompeiisneaks
Why that human mask?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Odd, the march pump I have w/ the polysulfonate head did have a pin that would just pull out, it was a bit tight, possibly due to stuff binding it up a bit, but it did come out. I bought a replacement head casing for mine when I broke one of the threaded ends, and I had to pull out my impeller and pin... but it worked fine.

Fermenting/Kegged/Bottled NONE :( I moved to the NW and haven't had time to setup my brew rig since! (but hey, I'm in the Pacific NW so there's so much awesome beer I don't need to brew it as much hah!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
Gammon N Beer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeiisneaks View Post
Odd, the march pump I have w/ the polysulfonate head did have a pin that would just pull out, it was a bit tight, possibly due to stuff binding it up a bit, but it did come out. I bought a replacement head casing for mine when I broke one of the threaded ends, and I had to pull out my impeller and pin... but it worked fine.
The poly head has an impeller shaft that has a, "D" shape at the motor end.

I broke that poly head and bought a bronze head. It has a screw end for the shaft that holds the impeller. When the bronze head arrived, it did not have the shaft.

I am in communication with the company and I hope they make it right for me. They now, because of my issue have listed the bronze head with the correct shaft.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
Gammon N Beer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammon N Beer View Post
The poly head has an impeller shaft that has a, "D" shape at the motor end.

I broke that poly head and bought a bronze head. It has a screw end for the shaft that holds the impeller. When the bronze head arrived, it did not have the shaft.

I am in communication with the company and I hope they make it right for me. They now, because of my issue have listed the bronze head with the correct shaft.
The part number for the impeller shaft with the screw end that works with the brass heads is: PN# 0809-0008-1000

Quick Reply