Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brewmation: An amazing turnkey brewery (not a Brew-Magic vs B3, but with comparisons)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2010, 03:37 AM   #21
SankePankey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgo View Post
I bought an electric conversion kit from Brewmation recently and it is extremely well put together.
Cool. He showed me one while I was there. It looked pretty sweet.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 04:18 AM   #22
drmark50
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I went an reviewed the full auto brewmation on Sunday and was very impressed. It is a compact design that is very efficient and very quiet! We did a mock brew and I was amazed at how easy the system is to operate. With the way the pumps/plumbing is set up, there is essentially no connecting/disconnecting. It simply streamlines everything. Create your recipe get your numbers (strike temp, vol, etc.) out of your brewing software and enter it into the control panel, measure your grain, fill your HLT and your off and running. If you feel like you are not doing enough, you can track your temps on the CP or via software on a PC. Other than stirring your grain (which apparently due to the MT filling from the bottom in a controlled fashion - there are very little dough balls), the system is on autopilot until your kettle has hit boiling temperature (an alarm buzzer alerts you and the system automatically decreases temp to avoid boilover).

sankey's review is very extensive and I don't want to repeat, but it is very accurate. I am going to be purchasing the system in the next week or two. Very excited. The build time is fairly short. I am going to keep myself busy building a elevated table with a drainage system and utility sink. It is going to be very nice to be able to brew easily and comfortably in cold Upstate NY.

Of note, Kevin, the creator - is a very laid back and professional guy. He is very open to suggestions/innovations and since the "brains" of the system are software based, updates/modifications can be e-mailed and loaded via serial port into the CP.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #23
SankePankey
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmark50 View Post
I went an reviewed the full auto brewmation on Sunday and was very impressed. It is a compact design that is very efficient and very quiet! We did a mock brew and I was amazed at how easy the system is to operate. With the way the pumps/plumbing is set up, there is essentially no connecting/disconnecting. It simply streamlines everything. Create your recipe get your numbers (strike temp, vol, etc.) out of your brewing software and enter it into the control panel, measure your grain, fill your HLT and your off and running. If you feel like you are not doing enough, you can track your temps on the CP or via software on a PC. Other than stirring your grain (which apparently due to the MT filling from the bottom in a controlled fashion - there are very little dough balls), the system is on autopilot until your kettle has hit boiling temperature (an alarm buzzer alerts you and the system automatically decreases temp to avoid boilover).

sankey's review is very extensive and I don't want to repeat, but it is very accurate. I am going to be purchasing the system in the next week or two. Very excited. The build time is fairly short. I am going to keep myself busy building a elevated table with a drainage system and utility sink. It is going to be very nice to be able to brew easily and comfortably in cold Upstate NY.

Of note, Kevin, the creator - is a very laid back and professional guy. He is very open to suggestions/innovations and since the "brains" of the system are software based, updates/modifications can be e-mailed and loaded via serial port into the CP.

That's 2 for the group buy. Any other takers, just send me a PM. Can't wait.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #24
halucin8
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm in for a group buy, if it's not too late.

Great review SankePankey. Have you brewed with the system yet?

Old 03-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #25
SankePankey
Recipes 

Actually, the two in the group buy put our down payment in at the end of last week. I will email Kevin and ask if it's not too late. I will tell him to PM you. We are patiently waiting on our brewhouses yet and have not brewed on them.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #26
Brewmation
Recipes 

halucin8,

I tried to send you a PM but the server said your in-box is full. Please contact me at kweaver@brewmation.com so we can put you in the "group buy" build.

Thank you,

Kevin

Kevin Weaver
Brewmation Incorporated
www.brewmation.com

Old 03-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #27
frolf
Recipes 

I'm very interested in purchasing one of the electric converision kits. For the electric conversion kit (e.g., HLT with controller), how is the LOVE controller wired to the element? Can the internal relay handle the current? I'm having trouble visualizing this, so a schematic would be very helpful. Also, how is the float switch wired to the LOVE controller? The answers will help me decide if I'll buy it.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #28
SankePankey
Recipes 

definitely email him for that one. it's up above.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #29
drmark50
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Welcome aboard!! I can't wait for my system.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #30
halucin8
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is going to be the longest 6 weeks ever!!! I can't wait to brew on this thing. Hmmmm......what to name her??

BTW, my old system is for sale.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/for/1645206451.html

Sorry if posting this ad is inappropriate.

Cheers.

Quick Reply