New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brewmation: An amazing turnkey brewery (not a Brew-Magic vs B3, but with comparisons)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #191
bobbytuck
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico567 View Post

The only thing on the electric brewing horizon that has any possibilities for me is the Speidels Braumeister, which still comes in at about $3200 for the 10 gal. version.
Highgravity brewing has a fantastic eHERMS 220V system that you can piece together piece-by-piece. I ended up getting the system with Blichmann 15gal kettles for around $2000. There's a variety of options, so it's easily customized. I've been using it for two years now, and it works great. No issues whatsoever.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #192
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 161 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytuck View Post
Highgravity brewing has a fantastic eHERMS 220V system that you can piece together piece-by-piece. I ended up getting the system with Blichmann 15gal kettles for around $2000. There's a variety of options, so it's easily customized. I've been using it for two years now, and it works great. No issues whatsoever.
That's the one.

_

Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #193
jborgy
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
That's the one.

_
how accurately can you hit and hold your mash temps with this system? Im in the process of making the jump to electric. I would really rather go with a RIMS system than a HERMS but I dont have the electrical know how to build one.

Last edited by jborgy; 01-07-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #194
drmark50
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jborgy View Post
how accurately can you hit and hold your mash temps with this system? Im in the process of making the jump to electric. I would really rather go with a RIMS system than a HERMS but I dont have the electrical know how to build one.
It keeps it within one degree +\-.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #195
jborgy
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmark50 View Post
It keeps it within one degree +\-.
good to hear. do you use this same system too?

Old 01-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #196
drmark50
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jborgy View Post
good to hear. do you use this same system too?
Yup. I have had it for over a yr. I love the automation. The designer of the system is constantly improving the software and always available for questions/concerns. I am very happy with my purchase.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #197
jborgy
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Yup. I have had it for over a yr. I love the automation. The designer of the system is constantly improving the software and always available for questions/concerns. I am very happy with my purchase.
cool. thanks for the feedback. I might be pulling the trigger on this in the next few weeks.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #198
SankePankey
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

Yes and FYI now step mashing is in the software. Manual step mashing. Meaning you program in your total mash time and press the up button during the mash to your liking. It works great. I still haven't tested it re: speeds from one temp to another (like 122 to 152). I sometimes use a herms assist coil in the HLT in conjunction with the mash pump to do faster steps than the element alone can handle (i.e. the mash out step, which you can program in the schedule)- but it can handle quite a bit alone. It's an ULWD element though, unlike the LWDs in the HLT and BK (AFAIK). Is that enough acronyms?

I think I might even rather do a manual mash than program all the mash steps in in the beginning which might get tedious. The only thing I don't have now in the software that I originally wanted was hop addition alarms. Just a simple beeb beeb beeb at preprogrammed times would be great so I don't have to set a different timer or stand there and watch the countdown on the control box. Besides that, the software is real solid now and can't think of anything more that I want added.

It's a good lesson on the why's and what for's of automation and that's the funnest part to figure that stuff out. I always get a kick out of leaving the brewery to do it's thing after mash in and then coming back a couple hours later when the boil alarm is indicating for me to watch for a boil over.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #199
jborgy
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
wait a second, are you referring to the brewmation system or the highgravitybrew.com system? I was asking about the highgravity systyem.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #200
SankePankey
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

There is no Dana only Zuul.

Quick Reply