Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brewmation: An amazing turnkey brewery (not a Brew-Magic vs B3, but with comparisons)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #11
Marsdude
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Very interesting system. I visited the website and when took a look at the automated brewing system the first thing that popped into my mind was "that looks just like the three tub sink in our commercial kitchen." Also the mash pump he sells looks a lot like one of the pumps our commercial dishwasher uses to pump the soap, etc, into the machine. This guy must have worked in the food service industry and got the idea to use some of these items for a brewery. Not a bad idea.

It got me thinking that I might be able to pick up a three tub sink from a restaurant auction cheap and build one of these breweries.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
SankePankey
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdude View Post
Very interesting system. I visited the website and when took a look at the automated brewing system the first thing that popped into my mind was "that looks just like the three tub sink in our commercial kitchen." Also the mash pump he sells looks a lot like one of the pumps our commercial dishwasher uses to pump the soap, etc, into the machine. This guy must have worked in the food service industry and got the idea to use some of these items for a brewery. Not a bad idea.

It got me thinking that I might be able to pick up a three tub sink from a restaurant auction cheap and build one of these breweries.
Yeah, if you're a DIY'er with some experience behind your belt and you think that's fun, I don't see why you wouldn't. He also sells control boxes for people who can DIY a brewhouse but not the electronics. I think you'll find a lot of people who don't think sinks are a good idea, but those people probably don't brew in stainless pool filters, or anything else stainless they can get their hands on. Sinks are a great idea, I think. Besides, I can wash the mud off my riding boots in a keggle just the same as a sink (not that I would).

I'd just make sure you can separate them. Maybe 3 X one bay sinks. Anyhoo, I can't weld or program myself out of a hole, so a turnkey was the only option for me... other than seeking the expensive services of others which would make it soo not worth the hassle.

And, just be aware that the videos of the system on the site are the semi-auto not the full auto. There's nothing there yet..

Old 02-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #13
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4733 Times on 4373 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Wow. Don't you think, maybe, you should buy one of these and give it a few test runs before you give it the Sankey seal of approval?

Old 02-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #14
SankePankey
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Wow. Don't you think, maybe, you should buy one of these and give it a few test runs before you give it the Sankey seal of approval?
There is a place mark for that. Anyone who is not a newb can feel free to ignore my post for it's lack of first hand experience with this rig (other than the one and only witnessing of a brew session). I mentioned that several times. My efforts are for newbs who want to spend coin on a turnkey brewhouse. That's why I touched on some of the pros/cons of the B3/BM systems that maybe they haven't read that far into it yet to know about. Took me a couple weeks to get that far thru the million of threads on those subjects. I did also mention the pro's/cons of the brewmation in it's current level of development. I wanted to post this thread so I could hear any of the opinions of the brew session I witnessed from others who might questions it's function for making good beer - other than the 'sinks are not for brewing' nonsense (anything that makes good beer is for brewing).

Me, for one, well, I think a system like this makes it easier to fiddle with recipes rather than gear. That's the reason I want one. For others, some use the opportunity to fiddle with a brew rig to get away from SWMBO. I refuse to call mine that.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #15
SankePankey
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmark50 View Post
Thanks for the review! That was very extensive and it is obvious you have done your research. Any idea how much the system weighs empty, and it's max weight? I see a YouTube video in the future...
Nope, I guess you should just ask him. I would think the bigger concern would be what does it weigh when all 3 kettles are full to know what your table needs to hold. Anyone know what 17.5 gal X 3 of (lets say) water weighs?

To me, it doesn't look like this thing alone weighs a whole lot. It's just so small.!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #16
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankePankey View Post
Nope, I guess you should just ask him. I would think the bigger concern would be what does it weigh when all 3 kettles are full to know what your table needs to hold. Anyone know what 17.5 gal X 3 of (lets say) water weighs?

To me, it doesn't look like this thing alone weighs a whole lot. It's just so small.!
52.5 Gallons (US) = 438.1263657 Pounds
http://www.csgnetwork.com/h2oweightconv.html

btw love that system, had I not built my own I would lust after that set up!

Old 02-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #17
The Pol
Recipes 

I am interested in reading this.

Um, the site does say $4200 DELIVERED. That is pretty astounding. Shipping can be 500-800 bucks on comparable systems? Plus full automation?

Watching this thread... if it makes beer (which isnt hard if you can do it in a cooler) I think this guy may have a niche. I mean, my rig has never been tested either and I have my own thread

Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #18
SankePankey
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
I am interested in reading this.

Um, the site does say $4200 DELIVERED. That is pretty astounding. Shipping can be 500-800 bucks on comparable systems? Plus full automation?
Yes, I got that wrong. Makes it an even better deal. I'll edit that. I think the low weight and that it can ship in 3 smaller boxes so as to not use freight delivery methods is what makes it so he can include delivery. Smart design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
Watching this thread... if it makes beer (which isnt hard if you can do it in a cooler) I think this guy may have a niche. I mean, my rig has never been tested either and I have my own thread
Coolers aren't for brewing. That's just not right man.

I asked several DIY wizards to build me a rig just like theirs, surprised you weren't one of them.

Last edited by SankePankey; 02-16-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:11 AM   #19
cowgo

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I bought an electric conversion kit from Brewmation recently and it is extremely well put together.

Kegged/bottled: Cowbrau Heifer Weizen, Kolsch, House Ale
Commercial Brews in Fridge: Nothing! Finally got the pipeline filled.
Past HB Favorites: Dead Dog Barley Wine (She was a good dog)
Up Next: Faux Urquell Blond Ale and Irish Red

Secret Hidden Mancave Build (x2) Thread Cowbrau eBIAB Brewspace Build Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 02:32 AM   #20
The Pol
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankePankey View Post
Yes, I got that wrong. Makes it an even better deal. I'll edit that. I think the low weight and that it can ship in 3 smaller boxes so as to not use freight delivery methods is what makes it so he can include delivery. Smart design.

Coolers aren't for brewing. That's just not right man.

I asked several DIY wizards to build me a rig just like theirs, surprised you weren't one of them.
I think I may take requests for the Kill A Watt, but I need to get the first one finished first!

Quick Reply